Hampton, Hall, Ivy, Posey, Blancett, Stegall, Stewart

  • Taterib@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2004
      Any one from this group with info on these Surnames please contact me:
      Hampton, Hall, Ivy, Posey, Blancett, Stegall, Stewart.
      These families lived in Jackson County Alabama and married into my Hampton
      family. I'm hoping there are still family members living in Jackson County that
      maybe searching for info. I'd like to share what I know.

      Chapley Hampton b: abt. 1802 TN/KY died between 1875-1880 in Jackson County,
      AL
      Father: Ruben Hampton Mother: ?
      Married (1) Mary Thornhill b: abt. 1809 Fauquier County, Virginia
      died: abt. 1862 in Jackson County, AL
      Father: Charles Morgan Stegall Mother: Hannah Minter

      Children of Chapley and Mary:

      1. Silas Wade Hampton
      b: abt 1834 died ?
      Married: Emaline Hall January 19, 1854 in Jackson County, Alabama
      children's names: unknown anyone knowing these names please let me know.

      2. Charles Hampton b: abt 1835 died ?
      Married: Martha Jane (?)
      any other info on Charles & Martha Jane Hampton please let me know.

      3. Infant Hampton abt 1837
      4. Infant Hampton abt 1839

      5. Chapley H. Hampton b: abt. 1838 Jackson County, Alabama
      married (?)
      This Hampton from what I can find out children moved some where in Georgia.
      He was always called "Chap." Do not have his children's names any info on this
      Hampton appreciated.

      6. Martha A. Hampton b: abt. 1841 in Jackson County, Alabama
      Married: Sept. 6, 1860 to: Martin Ivy in Jackson County, Alabama
      Anyone knowing anything about Martha Hampton Ivy please let me know.

      7. James M. M. Hampton b: abt. 1846 Jackson County, Alabama died(?)
      Married: Latishia Jane Stewart by: Wm. Reynolds NR
      No other info on this Hampton or his wife L. Jane Stewart Hampton any info
      appreciated on this Hampton family.

      8.Amanda Jane Hampton b: October 1857 in Jackson County, Alabama
      died (?) Married: Charles Morgan Stegall in Jackson County, Alabama. Found
      one of Amanda Jane Hampton's son's (Herschel) daughter in Oklahoma still alive
      at 70ish.

      9. Lydia Hampton (could be child of 2nd wife Nancy Stewart that took Hampton
      name)
      b: abt 1859 Married (?) Blancett

      Chapley Hampton b: abt. 1802 married abt. 1862 wife # (2) Nancy Stewart b:
      Sept. 1840 DeKalb County, Alabama died abt: 1907. Father of Nancy Stewart
      Hampton: James Stewart Mother: Lydia Howell

      Children of Chapley Hampton & Nancy Stewart Hampton

      1. Victoria Hampton b: abt 1864 died (?) Married: August 17, 1882 to C.M.
      Posey in Jackson County, Alabama by R.M. Seay at Nancy Hampton's house.
      Any info on Victoria Hampton Posey I'd appreciate.

      2.Irving Hampton b: abt. 1866 died (?)
      This is all the info I have on this Hampton ant info appreciated.

      3. Nancy E. Hampton b: abt 1868
      This is all the info I have on her. Any help appreciated

      4. Mary Hampton b: March 1870 died December 23, 1933 Married (Scott)
      Have info on Mary

      5. Wade Hampton b: November 20, 1875 Jackson County, Alabama died: September
      23, 1953 buried at Stern Cemetery Jackson County, Alabama. Married: Effie
      Florene Seay

      Wade Hampton was my Grandfather.

      Any help with Hampton's above I'd appreciate.
      Judy