Re: [jacksongenealogy] job

  • Peggy Powell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 18, 2004
      Thanks Kirby and Barbara. I will make a note of this.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
        A miller grinds grains for flour, meal, etc. When I was a kid, I would go
        with my father to the mill to have the miller grind corn into corn meal.

        Barbara

      • DrKirbyWW2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
            Andrew Andy Boyd 1853 md 3 times Emoline Austin,Alice Walldrop,Susan Goff. He had a total of 5 children.
            any information on the Boyds would be appreciated
            > In the 1880 census there is occupation called miller, does anyone
            > know what kind of job this is.
            > Burgess,Bates,Boyd,Parton,Austin, Lewis,Abel, Hillis
            > Powell,Edwards, Holloway, Gray, Cameron,Howard, Gentle, Rousseau,
            > Johnson, Wininger, East,Tipton,Houk, Berry, Shores, Rogers

          • SHEILA MCCLOUD

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
                Sheila, A Miller is someone who works in a mill usually a grain mill- Lorraine Cooper
                Burgess,Bates,Boyd,Parton,Austin, Lewis,Abel, Hillis
                Powell,Edwards, Holloway, Gray, Cameron,Howard, Gentle, Rousseau,
                Johnson, Wininger, East,Tipton,Houk, Berry, Shores, Rogers

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Peggy Powell
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004
                  My Rogers md. Rousseau her name was Sarah Rogers b.1748. I looked in my tree for your names and didn't see them sorry it was not a match. Peg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004

                  • Gullick99@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004
                      Peggy,

                    • joy0420@charter.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 21, 2004
                        Would a miller be someone who ran a mill, be it flour, cotton, or whatever?