Re: [jacksongenealogy] job

  • Peggy Powell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 18, 2004
      Thanks Kirby and Barbara. I will make a note of this.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
        In the 1880 census there is occupation called miller, does anyone
        know what kind of job this is.
        Burgess,Bates,Boyd,Parton,Austin, Lewis,Abel, Hillis
        Powell,Edwards, Holloway, Gray, Cameron,Howard, Gentle, Rousseau,
        Johnson, Wininger, East,Tipton,Houk, Berry, Shores, Rogers
      • Barbara Dooley
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
          A miller grinds grains for flour, meal, etc. When I was a kid, I would go
          with my father to the mill to have the miller grind corn into corn meal.

          Barbara

        • DrKirbyWW2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
              Andrew Andy Boyd 1853 md 3 times Emoline Austin,Alice Walldrop,Susan Goff. He had a total of 5 children.
              any information on the Boyds would be appreciated
              > In the 1880 census there is occupation called miller, does anyone
              > know what kind of job this is.
              > Burgess,Bates,Boyd,Parton,Austin, Lewis,Abel, Hillis
              > Powell,Edwards, Holloway, Gray, Cameron,Howard, Gentle, Rousseau,
              > Johnson, Wininger, East,Tipton,Houk, Berry, Shores, Rogers

            • SHEILA MCCLOUD

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 19, 2004
                  Sheila, A Miller is someone who works in a mill usually a grain mill- Lorraine Cooper
                  Burgess,Bates,Boyd,Parton,Austin, Lewis,Abel, Hillis
                  Powell,Edwards, Holloway, Gray, Cameron,Howard, Gentle, Rousseau,
                  Johnson, Wininger, East,Tipton,Houk, Berry, Shores, Rogers

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Peggy Powell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004
                    My Rogers md. Rousseau her name was Sarah Rogers b.1748. I looked in my tree for your names and didn't see them sorry it was not a match. Peg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004

                    • Gullick99@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 20, 2004
                        Peggy,

                      • joy0420@charter.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 21, 2004
                          Would a miller be someone who ran a mill, be it flour, cotton, or whatever?