Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Old Wills/Land Records

  • Greg Carroll
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2004
      Judy,

      You should be able to access those records in the Probate Records, and Land & Property Records. I'm not sure when the county started keeping records. Good Luck in your search.

      Greg

      Taterib@... wrote:
      Are the Old Wills/Land records filed at the Jackson County Court House? Like
      years 1900?

      I've got the old land record of 1833 and 1856 of my GG Grandfather's. Where
      would I look to find out who bought the land before/after he died abt. 1880? He
      is last on Bellefonte census 1870 as living on his land at the time.

      My grandfather born 1875. But, on the 1880 census record my GG Grandfather
      name is not there. I assumed he died not long after my Grandfather was born.

      Any help appreciated.
      Judy
      taterib@...

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT