Decoration May 16

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2004
      Today Sunday 16 May 2004 is decoration at The Old Baptist Cemetery in
      Hollywood. I am not sure of the road number BUT I think the road is the one
      we called Dunkin Hill Road. It is the road on the right before you get to
      Hollywood school if you are coming into Hollywood from Scottsboro. Two of
      my sisters and I were there last Wednesday and several people had been
      cleaning BUT I am sorry to say that some only took the old flowers off and
      put new ones on and discarded their old flowers in a big pile along with the
      boxes they came in. This cemetery does not have a trash bin to dispose of
      these items so please remember to bring garbage bags to take your old
      flowers home to dispose of. It doesn't do any good to put pretty new
      flowers on if you are only going to trash someone else grave. I don't think
      you would want someone doing this to your love ones grave. This is a very
      old cemetery and should be a historical site. I am guessing if you live or
      lived in Jackson County you have relatives buried there.
      Thanks and hope to see you there.
      Regina GRIDER Pipes