Marion Johnson

  • RustyHouk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2000
      Marion Monroe Johnson was born 24 Sep 1873 in Jackson County, AL; died 9 Jun
      1939; buried in Johnson Cemetery, Limrock, Jackson, AL. He was the oldest of
      six children of Albert Johnson and Mary East. Cassandra Houk was born 23 Nov
      1878 in Schiffman Cove, near Limrock, Jackson, AL; died 17 Apr 1948; buried
      in Johnson Cemetery, Limrock, Jackson, AL. She was the youngest of four
      children of William Midas "Bill Midas" Houk and Henrietta Bowers. She was a
      granddaughter of Simeon Perry Houk Tobitha Murray.

      Marion and Cassandra had ten children: Albert Ollie Johnson; William Bryan
      Johnson; Veda Beatrice Johnson; Gussie Mae Johnson; Troy Monroe Johnson;
      Hattie Johnson; Donnie Johnson; Julia Johnson; an unnamed infant; Homer
      Esmond Johnson.

      I would be glad to share any information concerning the Houk and related
      families of Jackson County, AL. My e-mail address is rustyhouk@....
      Kenneth W. Houk
    • Hello
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2000
        Rusty,

        My gr.gr. grandmother was Sarah Hawk, in the marriage records she is
        listed as Sallie Houk. She died before 1866. I have seen Simeon Houk
        listed in Jackson county records. What I am wondering is if you know
        who his parents are and if he is related to John Hawk who married Niagra
        ann McMahan.

        Susan