Re: [jacksongenealogy] A little help on census and immigration

  • mary haynes
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2004
      NL: I'd have to go back to my computer at home & do a search about the R. C. Ferguson. I have 100 8 1/2 x 11 pages on the Fergusons and don't rem. the initials. About the Stewarts marr. Fergusons in Franklin Co., TN or Jackson Co, AL, William Isaac Ferguson m. Rhoda Rice, dau of Drury and Abigail Stewart Rice about 1821 or so, possibly in Hawkins Co., TN, where oldest dau Eliz. was born there in 1822. My GGrandfather Henry Wm Ferguson was b. in Jackson Co in 1826. The fam. came thru Bledsoe and Franklin Counties, TN, and then settled in Jackson Co.
      Don't have any other info about Stewart-Ferguson connection in earlier generations.
      Mary ibweevil@....

      NL Greene <nlr@...> wrote:

      Mary, did any of your Fergusons marry a Stewart in Jackson Co Al or
      Franklin Co Tn? are you familiar with a R.C. Ferguson name?

      Thanks

      nl