SCOTTSBORO NEWSPAPERS IN LIBRARY

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2004
      The Scottsboro Public Library has microfilmed all available Scottsboro
      newspapers, and the earliest extant publication is 1868.
      Ann Chambless
    • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2004
        have you looked at the film or the newspaper art your self?
        The Scottsboro Public Library has microfilmed all available Scottsboro
        newspapers, and the earliest extant publication is 1868.
        Ann Chambless

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        O si yo,

        May the sun always shine for you, and the warm winds blow gently on your back.

        Do-na-da-go-hv = Until we meet again
        U-gi-da-li = Silver Feathers

        Ah-nee-jah-lah-gee = Cherokee People = Guh-geh-yoo = I love you
        Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee = Your kin

        In God's Service
        Patricia Mills
        cherokeeindian77@...

        Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Short, Lemons, Price, Burgess,Edge,
        Morrow, Mahan, McLemore, Olinger, Sorter, Self, Coburn, Dawns
        Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C. Kentucky

        My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
        come from? His wife Emily Elizabeth Smith/ Short/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were
        her parents she lived with her Grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

      • sromanek
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2004
          I know this is a really old message but I wonder if anyone would know if 1913 is one of the available years and if the Wannville area would be included in it. Thanks for the help.

          Sharon Dover Romanek
          Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
          Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

          Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

          It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
          The Scottsboro Public Library has microfilmed all available Scottsboro
          newspapers, and the earliest extant publication is 1868.
          Ann Chambless

          [This message may be spam]--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]

        • kathy edwards
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
            I think the "Progressive Age" newspaper and maybe another one includes that
            time period but not sure. I have looked up a murder trial and another
            account of my grandmothers brother's murder in that paper in the early
            1900's. She was b. in 1908 and her bro. died when he was 18 so the paper
            goes back pretty far. They have it on film and you have to flip through it.
            Helps if you have a date something happened then look for it in the paper.
            You can read almost anything in Jackson Co. Wannville is only a few miles
            from Scottsboro and the accounts I am talking about that I read are probably
            30 miles away, just in the same county. Next time I am in Scottsboro I
            could look at dates on microfilm to see what they include but I think they
            go way back.