Woffard/Woffard information.

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 3:30 PM
      Hello Group, awhile back I wrote asking for help on information on
      Swofford. I have since learned that it is not Swofford but
      Wafford/Woffard. This would be in De Kalb county but the De Kalb
      County group is dead. The last message posted on that group was mine
      the middle of April about Swofford, for which I received no reply
      from that group. I did have some replies from this group so I write
      here again.

      I have found the marriage record for William B. Williams and Alther
      Wafford December 1879 in De Kalb County. This is the way that the
      name is spelled in the book. Believe however that it is Althea/Alta
      or Altha(have seen it spelled all of these different ways) Eunice
      Wofford. Her parents were believed to be James W. Woffard and
      Charlotte Lucinda Wofford. James Wofford was killed/died during the
      Civil War. Charlotte married again Moses A Leake (listed as Leak on
      one census record).

      William B. Williams died in 1888 and Altha was supposed to have
      married again and moved to Ohio somewhere or moved and married again
      in Ohio. I would really like information on the man that she married
      after William B. Williams(also seen as Billie Williams in some posts
      on Ancestry.com) I have also been unable to locat the 1880 census
      records for William and Altha anywhere, even though they are
      supposed to have been in De Kalb County Alabama at the time. There
      are several people who I have tried to locate on the 1880 Census
      that were supposed to reside in De Kalb county that I have been
      unable to locate anywhere, It is like a whole group or place got
      left out.

      Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

      Helen
      Phil 4:4