Information Request on Charles Bennett Roberts

  • Joseph C Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004
      I am looking for information on Charles Bennett Roberts. He was born
      in 1844 in a part of DeKalb County GA that would later be Fulton
      County GA. He married Evaline Bailey in Cherokee County GA 28 Feb.
      1867. He then moved to Jackson county Alabama some time after 1880.
      I would be grateful for any information offered but I am particularly
      interested in when he arrived in Jackson County AL. Should anyone
      have access to the 1900 or 1910 census records for Jackson County I
      would appreciate being informed of those entries if they exist or
      not. I have extensive information of the Roberts family and some
      information on the associated families of Bailey and Sanders and I am
      willing to share.

      Thanks
      Chuck Roberts
    • Regina
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2004
        Lynda Jo Roberts Johnson
        Entries: 60 Updated: Sat Aug 25 22:23:00 2001 Contact: Lynda Johnson

        ----

        Index | Descendancy | Register | Download GEDCOM | Add Post-em

        ----

        ID: I49552722
        Name: Charles Bennet ROBERTS
        Given Name: Charles Bennet
        Surname: Roberts
        Sex: M
        Birth: November 15, 1844 in Fulton County, Georgia
        Death: August 12, 1926 in Pisgah, Jackson County, Alabama

        Marriage 1 Eveline BAILEY b: January 30,1851 in Cherokee County, Georgia
        Children
        Hugh Verdie ROBERTS b: 10-25-1886 in

        Are you related to the person that submitted this? If so Hugh Roberts,
        Lynda's father married my first cousin Adena GRIDER. I know that James
        ROBERTS is also researching his ROBERTS family.

        I am looking for information on Charles Bennett Roberts. He was born in
        1844 in a part of DeKalb County GA that would later be Fulton County GA. He
        married Evaline Bailey in Cherokee County GA 28 Feb.
        1867. He then moved to Jackson county Alabama some time after 1880.
        I would be grateful for any information offered but I am particularly
        interested in when he arrived in Jackson County AL. Should anyone have
        access to the 1900 or 1910 census records for Jackson County I would
        appreciate being informed of those entries if they exist or not. I have
        extensive information of the Roberts family and some information on the
        associated families of Bailey and Sanders and I am willing to share.

        Thanks
        Chuck Roberts

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • deeno
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2004
          Chuck,

          Here they are 1900 and 1910.

          Rayedene Graves

          1900
          Roberts, Eveline
          Lived in: 64 District Militia, Burke County, Georgia
          Series: T623 Microfilm: 183 Book: 1 Page: 112

          Eveline V.Roberts Jan 1851 GA NC NC married/ md 33 yrs 10ch born/9liv
          Samuel Feb 1881 son GA GA GA cotton weaver
          Newton Feb 1884 son GA GA GA cotton spinner
          Hugh V Oct 1886 son GA GA GA cotton spinner
          Luke Dec 1888 son cotton carder
          Berry A Jan 1891 AL GA GA cotton carder

          Charls Roberts found in:

          Census Microfilm Records: Alabama, 1900
          Lived in: 11 Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama
          Series: T623 Microfilm: 19 Book: 2 Page: 130

          HH55 Charles Roberts Nov 1845 married/md 34 yrs GA IRE ENG farmer

          HH54 is
          William Roberts May 1868 GA GA GA and his family. All children b AL
          starting in 1891.

          1910
          Charles B. Roberts found in:

          Census Microfilm Records: Alabama, 1910
          Age: 64
          Gender: M
          Race: W
          Birthplace: GA
          State: Alabama
          County: JACKSON
          Locale: PISGAH
          Series: T624
          Roll: 16
          Part: 3
          Page: 149A
          Charles B Roberts 64 md 43yrs GA IRE ENG farmer
          Evaline 59 10ch/8liv md 43 yrs GA NC NC
          Hugh 23 AL GA GA
          Luke 21 AL GA GA
          Berry 19 AL GA GA