CHRISTIAN/AVANT ancestors

  • x2loud4u@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      New member here -- looking for info on gggrandfather, Allen CHRISTIAN born 1824, perhaps in Jackson Co. and died in May 1857 in Jackson Co.
      He married Percilla (Priscillah?) AVANT (d. 15 April 1857) on 20 (29?) October 1842 in Madison CO. AL. They had 4 children, Sally, Margaret, Indiana and Henry Allen (b. 10 December 1853.
      Both Allen and Percilla died young and I found Henry Allen in the 1860 Census living with a family named BAILEY. Near as I have been able to figure out, Mrs. BAILEY was sister to Percilla.
      Have name of probable parents for Allen as Allen CHRISTIAN (d. September? 1836 in Madison CO., AL) and Margaret ??? who died 5 October 1842, also in Madison Co.
      This is as far as I have been able to get. Any hints, nudges or outright info would be greatly appreciated.
      Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Vicki Christian Gale