New Chat Schedule & other info--please save

  • Jean Brandau
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      Our chats have become VERY successful and it was suggested that we expand
      them. I have now scheduled the following weekly chat times:
      Mondays 9-11 pm (Central)
      Thursdays 8-10 pm (Central)
      Saturdays 3-5 pm (Central)

      FYI--Eastern Time is an hour later and Pacific is 2 hours earlier. I put an
      afternoon time on Saturday to try to give the working people and people in
      other countries a chance to join us.

      The chat can be found here:
      http://huntsville.about.com/local/southeastus/huntsville/mpchat.htm
      If you have never chatted before, please write me privately and I'll send
      you instructions and arrange to meet you in the chatroom ahead of time and
      walk you through it.

      If you have books or CD's and can do lookups--please email me privately at
      least 24 hours before the scheduled chat and let me know what you have and
      which chat you'll be attending. I'll announce to the list which resources
      will be available on which nights.

      You have to attend the chat to get a lookup. PLEASE don't email me with
      your lookup requests. Use this list for that.

      If you can't attend the chat, you'll find over 100 links to Alabama
      Genealogy on my site:
      http://huntsville.about.com/local/southeastus/huntsville/msubgenealogy1.htm

      I am currently working on a library of links for genealogy personal home
      pages. If you have a website with some kind of Alabama roots and would like
      me to consider listing your page, please email me your URL so I can take a
      look.

      Sorry to those you who were at the chat last night--I didn't get the session
      recorded ahead of time, so can't retrieve the info. If you left an email
      address or other info and haven't heard back from people--please come to
      another chat session and try again.

      For those interested in news from Huntsville and the North Alabama area, you
      can email me or sign up for my newsletter Huntsville Highlights at:
      http://huntsville.about.com/local/southeastus/huntsville/gi/pages/mmail.htm

      I hope to see you all at the chat! BTW, the chat room is open 24 hours a
      day, so feel free to stop in and see if any other genealogists are in the
      room or practice with a few people before the BIG events!

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Jean Brandau
      About.com guide to Huntsville AL
      http://huntsville.about.com