Re: {National Archives forms} was RE: [jacksongenealogy] Census Question

  • Helen Bailey
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2004
      Thanks Mark

      Helen
      Phil 4:4

      Mark Klan <msk@...> wrote:
      The link for online requesting of National Archives forms for military
      service and family history records is:
      http://www.archives.gov/research_room/obtain_copies/military_and_genealogy_o
      rder_forms.html

      If this link "wraps" in your email, you may have to copy/paste the link in
      pieces into your browser's address box before you press GO (so that the
      complete link shows in the box without any extra spaces).

      Mark

      Jeanette <jmcclur@...> wrote:
      > Hello Helen, Your library should have a book "The Handy Book for
      > Genealogists" by the Everton Publishers, Inc., Evertons address is:P O Box
      > 368, Logan, Utah 84321. Any books that Everton Publishes are wonderful for
      > beginning genealogists and well-learned ones also. I have used their books
      > for 34 years. Anyway, to order things from National Archives, which is where
      > the military services from every war are stored you need their forms. My
      > forms are now outdated as I have not ordered any war records from them for
      > some time. Their address is: Textual Archives Services Division, National
      > Archives and Records Admistration, 700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC
      > 20408-0001. When you write to them, ask for the military forms called
      > "National Archives Order for Copies of Military Service Records". They may
      > send you a list of their forms with the numbers, or they may send you a
      > packet of the forms. Also, your library, esp. if they have a small genealogy
      > section will be able to help you with this. If they do not have the books
      > you need in order to start this process, they can order them for you on
      > interlibrary loan. Also, you can go in your computer to the US Government
      > site and find listings of forms in there. The best of luck to you in your
      > genealogy searches, I have enjoyed it for 34 years now. It is a wonderufl
      > hobby and very self gratifying. Best Regards, Jeanette Henson McClure, CG, &
      > VP of Iron Co Gene. Soc.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT