RE: [jacksongenealogy] Census Question

  • Jeanette
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18 4:51 AM
      If you order his Civil War record, the entire thing, you may be pleasantly
      surprised at all the information in the packet. Jeanette.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 18 2:34 PM
        Ok so I haven't been doing this very long so tell me how to go about it? Pleeeease

        Helen
        Phil 4:4

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19 7:46 AM
          Hello Helen, Your library should have a book "The Handy Book for
          Genealogists" by the Everton Publishers, Inc., Evertons address is:P O Box
          368, Logan, Utah 84321. Any books that Everton Publishes are wonderful for
          beginning genealogists and well-learned ones also. I have used their books
          for 34 years. Anyway, to order things from National Archives, which is where
          the military services from every war are stored you need their forms. My
          forms are now outdated as I have not ordered any war records from them for
          some time. Their address is: Textual Archives Services Division, National
          Archives and Records Admistration, 700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC
          20408-0001. When you write to them, ask for the military forms called
          "National Archives Order for Copies of Military Service Records". They may
          send you a list of their forms with the numbers, or they may send you a
          packet of the forms. Also, your library, esp. if they have a small genealogy
          section will be able to help you with this. If they do not have the books
          you need in order to start this process, they can order them for you on
          interlibrary loan. Also, you can go in your computer to the US Government
          site and find listings of forms in there. The best of luck to you in your
          genealogy searches, I have enjoyed it for 34 years now. It is a wonderufl
          hobby and very self gratifying.
          Best Regards, Jeanette Henson McClure, CG, & VP of Iron Co Gene. Soc.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 19 8:08 AM
            If your ancestor was in the Union Army you will get more information on their
            service record than you will if he fought for the CSA. It is very
            unfortunate but true. It is great to have either.
            Chuck

          • Helen Bailey

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 19 5:39 PM
                The link for online requesting of National Archives forms for military
                service and family history records is:
                http://www.archives.gov/research_room/obtain_copies/military_and_genealogy_o
                rder_forms.html

                If this link "wraps" in your email, you may have to copy/paste the link in
                pieces into your browser's address box before you press GO (so that the
                complete link shows in the box without any extra spaces).

                Mark

                Jeanette <jmcclur@...> wrote:
                > Hello Helen, Your library should have a book "The Handy Book for
                > Genealogists" by the Everton Publishers, Inc., Evertons address is:P O Box
                > 368, Logan, Utah 84321. Any books that Everton Publishes are wonderful for
                > beginning genealogists and well-learned ones also. I have used their books
                > for 34 years. Anyway, to order things from National Archives, which is where
                > the military services from every war are stored you need their forms. My
                > forms are now outdated as I have not ordered any war records from them for
                > some time. Their address is: Textual Archives Services Division, National
                > Archives and Records Admistration, 700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC
                > 20408-0001. When you write to them, ask for the military forms called
                > "National Archives Order for Copies of Military Service Records". They may
                > send you a list of their forms with the numbers, or they may send you a
                > packet of the forms. Also, your library, esp. if they have a small genealogy
                > section will be able to help you with this. If they do not have the books
                > you need in order to start this process, they can order them for you on
                > interlibrary loan. Also, you can go in your computer to the US Government
                > site and find listings of forms in there. The best of luck to you in your
                > genealogy searches, I have enjoyed it for 34 years now. It is a wonderufl
                > hobby and very self gratifying. Best Regards, Jeanette Henson McClure, CG, &
                > VP of Iron Co Gene. Soc.
              • Helen Bailey
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 20 6:46 AM
                  Thanks Mark

                  Helen
                  Phil 4:4

                  Jeanette <jmcclur@...> wrote:
                  > Hello Helen, Your library should have a book "The Handy Book for
                  > Genealogists" by the Everton Publishers, Inc., Evertons address is:P O Box
                  > 368, Logan, Utah 84321. Any books that Everton Publishes are wonderful for
                  > beginning genealogists and well-learned ones also. I have used their books
                  > for 34 years. Anyway, to order things from National Archives, which is where
                  > the military services from every war are stored you need their forms. My
                  > forms are now outdated as I have not ordered any war records from them for
                  > some time. Their address is: Textual Archives Services Division, National
                  > Archives and Records Admistration, 700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC
                  > 20408-0001. When you write to them, ask for the military forms called
                  > "National Archives Order for Copies of Military Service Records". They may
                  > send you a list of their forms with the numbers, or they may send you a
                  > packet of the forms. Also, your library, esp. if they have a small genealogy
                  > section will be able to help you with this. If they do not have the books
                  > you need in order to start this process, they can order them for you on
                  > interlibrary loan. Also, you can go in your computer to the US Government
                  > site and find listings of forms in there. The best of luck to you in your
                  > genealogy searches, I have enjoyed it for 34 years now. It is a wonderufl
                  > hobby and very self gratifying. Best Regards, Jeanette Henson McClure, CG, &
                  > VP of Iron Co Gene. Soc.

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT