Re: [jacksongenealogy] William McDonald "Doc" Stewart

  • DrKirby25@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
      I have some info on Melissa but, nothing on him except that he was married to
      her. My wife, Faye Houk, was of that Houk bunch that was related to Melissa.
      Jim M. Kirby

      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
        This Looks like them. More info is probably on the Marriage Cert.

        Alabama Marriages Jackson County

        W. M. Stewert married Millie Hawk 10 Oct 1872
        Surety/Perf. Name: John Bulter
        OSPage 144

        Clay Gullatt

      • Amanda Schoolfield
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
          Thanks so much, Jim. I have a lot of info on Melissa
          and her family thanks to Kenneth Wayne Houk. I bet
          you know him too. He did extensive research on the
          Houk family. But I can't seem to find anything on the
          Stewart family.

          Amanda

          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
            We knew Kenneth Wayne very well he lived up the street from us in Anniston.
            The Houk site has practically died since Rusty died.
            Jim

          • Amanda Schoolfield
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
              Kenneth Wayne was wonderful to share all his research
              with me. Did you know his grandmother Lily? She was
              my great-grandmother's sister. I remember visiting
              her when I was a little girl. I'm not familiar with
              Rusty though. How does he fit into the family tree?

              Amanda

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
                I will send you what I have on the Houks in Rich Text format. It will be
                easily read.
                Jim

              • DrKirby25@aol.com
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
                  Descendants of Jacob Houk in Rich Text format see attachment.
                  Jim M Kirby

                • Amanda Schoolfield
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                    Thanks so much, Jim, but the attatchment didn't come
                    through. Maybe you can't send attatchments to the
                    board, I'm not sure--it said all non-text portions had
                    been deleted. I would really love to see what you
                    have. Thanks for trying.

                    Amanda

                    --- DrKirby25@... wrote:
                    > Descendants of Jacob Houk in Rich Text format see
                    > attachment.
                    > Jim M Kirby

                    > removed]

                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                  • Amanda Schoolfield
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                      Thanks so much, Clay. That sure looks like them. Is
                      the 1850 census the only one that you can get to
                      without subscribing?

                      Amanda

                    • DrKirbyWW2@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                        Amanda I remember now when they were talking about Viruses. Richard Matthews
                        said all downloads are stripped from Yahoo's Email. Perhaps if you will send
                        me a direct email address it would do it.
                        Mine is :DrKirby25@...
                        Jim

                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                          Amanda

                          Yes, the 1850 is the only free one. The only other census I have found them on is the 1880 and 1910 do you have those?