William McDonald "Doc" Stewart

  • Amanda Schoolfield
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 9, 2004
      You guys helped me so much before, I was wondering if
      I could ask your help again. I can't seem to find
      anything on the parents/siblings of William McDonald
      "Doc" Stewart (1/17/1850 - 3/12/1920). He was married
      in 1873 to Mildred Melissa Houk. They had 12 children
      of which my great-grandfather was one. He was born,
      married, and died in Jackson County and was buried in
      Peter's Cove Cemetery.

      That's all the info I have on him. Any help would be
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Amanda

    • DrKirby25@aol.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
        I have some info on Melissa but, nothing on him except that he was married to
        her. My wife, Faye Houk, was of that Houk bunch that was related to Melissa.
        Jim M. Kirby

        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
          This Looks like them. More info is probably on the Marriage Cert.

          Alabama Marriages Jackson County

          W. M. Stewert married Millie Hawk 10 Oct 1872
          Surety/Perf. Name: John Bulter
          OSPage 144

          Clay Gullatt

        • Amanda Schoolfield
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
            Thanks so much, Jim. I have a lot of info on Melissa
            and her family thanks to Kenneth Wayne Houk. I bet
            you know him too. He did extensive research on the
            Houk family. But I can't seem to find anything on the
            Stewart family.

            Amanda

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
              We knew Kenneth Wayne very well he lived up the street from us in Anniston.
              The Houk site has practically died since Rusty died.
              Jim

            • Amanda Schoolfield
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
                Kenneth Wayne was wonderful to share all his research
                with me. Did you know his grandmother Lily? She was
                my great-grandmother's sister. I remember visiting
                her when I was a little girl. I'm not familiar with
                Rusty though. How does he fit into the family tree?

                Amanda

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
                  I will send you what I have on the Houks in Rich Text format. It will be
                  easily read.
                  Jim

                • DrKirby25@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 10, 2004
                    Descendants of Jacob Houk in Rich Text format see attachment.
                    Jim M Kirby

                  • Amanda Schoolfield
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                      Thanks so much, Jim, but the attatchment didn't come
                      through. Maybe you can't send attatchments to the
                      board, I'm not sure--it said all non-text portions had
                      been deleted. I would really love to see what you
                      have. Thanks for trying.

                      Amanda

                      --- DrKirby25@... wrote:
                      > Descendants of Jacob Houk in Rich Text format see
                      > attachment.
                      > Jim M Kirby

                      > removed]

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                    • Amanda Schoolfield
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                        Thanks so much, Clay. That sure looks like them. Is
                        the 1850 census the only one that you can get to
                        without subscribing?

                        Amanda

                      • DrKirbyWW2@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                          Amanda I remember now when they were talking about Viruses. Richard Matthews
                          said all downloads are stripped from Yahoo's Email. Perhaps if you will send
                          me a direct email address it would do it.
                          Mine is :DrKirby25@...
                          Jim

                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 12, 2004
                            Amanda

                            Yes, the 1850 is the only free one. The only other census I have found them on is the 1880 and 1910 do you have those?