William Wiley Smith

  • Mindy Akins
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2004
      Hi Clay, I have been researching the William Smith, name you gave me from Long Island,AL. I found more info on Ancestry.com, but the e-mail addresses for the sites were no longer valid. His name was William Wiley Smith, born 5/27/1857 in GA.His father and mother were Jesse Josiah Smith,born 12/30/1813 in Pendleton District,SC, and Catherine Jeffrys Massey,born 11/23/1823 in NC. On different records the name is spelled Jesse and Jessie. All the children's names were listed but no spouses names were given. The Morgan family also came from the Pendleton Dist. in 1840 and settled in Dade Co,GA. In the 1870s John Jackson Morgan moved his family to L.I.I believe his daughter Ruth J Morgan,born 3/7/1855, may have married William W Smith. Ron Akins

      Mindy Akins
      ronney46@...
      Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.