jim robertson and mary frances mathews

  • fsf47
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2004
      i am looking for info on my greatgrandparents jim and mary
      robertson. i'm not sure how many children they had but i know of one
      girl. my grandmother was mary frances who later married james r
      patterson. would appreciate any info anyone can give me.
      sue farned
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2004
        Sue

        Do you have any birth years for them.

      • sue farned
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2004
          clay,
          no i don't i figured somewhere around 1860's my grandmother was born in 1985. i haven't been able to find out much. any help would be appreciated.
          sue

          clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
          Sue

          Do you have any birth years for them.

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2004
            Sue

            1900 US Census Pct 18 Collins Jackson Co. AL
            House 86 Family 86
            John Mathews Head Mar 1860 40 mar.4yrs AL AL AL Farmer
            Maria A. Wife Oct 1876 23 mar.4yrs 2 child.2living AL AL AL
            James W. Son Nov 1896 3 AL AL AL
            Ethel A. Dau Jul 1899 10 months AL AL AL
            Mary F. Robertson Sister-in-Law Feb 1885 15 Single
            Nancy E. Sister-in-Law Oct 1890 9 Single

            Marriages Jackson Co. AL
            James M. Robertson married Liddia A. Sisk 7 Jan 1864
            James M. Robertson married Martha A. Robertson 18 Feb 1886
            James M. Robertson married John Dixie Robertson 24 Jan 1895

            1880 US Census Beat 18 Jackson Co. AL
            James M. Robertson Head 43 AL SC TN Farmer
            Mary A. Wife 22?? AL AL AL Keeping House
            Susan E. Dau 13 AL AL AL
            John W. Son 6 AL AL AL
            Marier A. Dau 3 AL AL AL
            T. A. Son 1 AL AL AL

            1870 US Census Sub.Div.3 Big Coon PO Jackson Co. AL
            Jas. M. Robertson 33 Farmer AL
            Mary 21 AL
            Susan E. 3 AL
            Martha J. 1 AL

            1860 US Census Dist 3 Paint Rock PO Jackson Co. AL
            John Robertson 48 Carpenter SC
            Larice 42 TN
            M. J. 9 Female AL
            H.T. 8 Female AL
            R.e. 4 Famale AL
            J.O. 9 months Male AL
            K. R. 23 Male Printer AL
            J. M. 21 Male Farm Laborer

            Clay Gullatt Mount Airy NC

          • Malbuff
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 24 2:21 PM
              Jennifer (Robertson) Goodman Murray--
              are you perchance descended from Allen Robertson
              of Long Hollow, an early Jackson county settler?

              Glory to God,

              David Malbuff
              Strasburg, Virginia

            • jackman_0645
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 24 3:12 PM
                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Malbuff" <malbuff@...>
                wrote:

                > Jennifer (Robertson) Goodman Murray--
                > are you perchance descended from Allen Robertson
                > of Long Hollow, an early Jackson county settler?
                >
                > Glory to God,
                >
                > David Malbuff
                > Strasburg, Virginia

                >Hello David
                I am John L Hamilton My grandparents Jim & Mima Treece lived in Long
                Hollow for many years I was wondering if you by chance knew of them.
                I spent many happy time in that Hollow and remember several famlies
                The Ward's and the Hawkums. God bless
                John L Hamilton
              • Malbuff
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 24 6:31 PM
                  John, I don't know of any Treece in my line. I am not a native
                  of Jackson county, my great-grandfather moved away in 1899.

                  I do have a Ward Donaldson (b. ca. 1911), descended from my
                  Hatchett line, who married a Kathleen Trice prior to 1940. Don't
                  know if Trice fits in with Treece. The Hatchetts are an old
                  Franklin county, Tenn., family. They married into my Larkin line
                  at least a couple of times.

                  Allen Robertson (also known as Robinson or Robison) settled
                  Long Hollow around 1830 or so. According to Kennamer's book,
                  his place was "one of the finest springs in the county." He married
                  Bettie Staples, whose brother Cary was another early settler at
                  Long Hollow, and whose uncle was David Larkin senior.

                  Glory to God,

                  David Malbuff
                  Strasburg, Virginia

                • Jennifer (Robertson) Goodman Murray
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 9, 2007
                    Hi, David,
                    I was taking a look around this group today and see your message below
                    to me. Sorry for the late response. I get so many emails, I just
                    can't read them all. :-)
                    I do not have an Allen Robertson listed in my line. My Robertson's
                    did (and some still do) in the Paint Rock Valley area of Jackson
                    County (Princeton, Estillfork..).
                    Thanks,
                    Jennifer