Re: [jacksongenealogy] virus EXPLANATION

  • prm@hiwaay.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 15, 2004
      Please don't everyone get scared or excited.

      Your Jackson county genealogy email cannot contain attachments. Viruses are
      normally in email attachments. You cannot receive an attachment with a Jackson
      genelogy email.

      Also virus messages many times contain a "from" address that is not where the
      email came from, that is part of the virus originators tactics. The message did
      not come from our group even though the "from" address said it did.

      This is why I ask that no virus warnings be sent via the list. They serve no
      useful purpose and they get many people upset. Send such messages directly to
      other members if you like but not to the whole group through the list. Answer
      to such post are also not needed on the list. If you wish to reply, reply
      directly to the sender.

      Thanks

      Richard, your group moderator