- Just anyother Bowers question......On the Jackson County site, in the
marriage book, does it list any parents of the bride or groom
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
- I think I will try again too. Been quite awhile since I posted this
The following was found in the Jackson Cty., AL, census of 1840 & 1850
Adam Bowers b. abt 1803 in VA, wife Susannah b. abt 1805 in GA.
1. John Bowers born 1830 in TN
2. William James Bowers born 1847 in AL
3. Thomas P. Bowes born 1837 in AL
4. Isaac Newton Bowers born 1845 in AL
this is the know children. Living with Adam & Susannah was Mary, was
she a child? Living next door to them was Martha and James Bowers were
the also children. It is believed that Samuel is Adam's father. By the
1860 census they are living in McNairy Cty., TN.
Love to hear from someone.
- My search is back to Jackson County, AL. Adam and Susannah Darnell
Bowers, 1840 & 1850 Census, for Jackson Cty., Dist. 19. Children are
Mary, John, Louisa, Thomas, Isaac & William, living next door was son
James Darnell Bowers and wife Martha, their son John.
Adam & family by 1860 were in McNairy County, TN about 1853. There is
no listing in the census for McNairy County for Mary and Louisa, did
they stay in Jackson County, AL?
In the 1840 Census for Jackson Cty. Samuel is living next door, he is a
brother to Adam. But in the 1850 Census, Samuel is not listed. In 1850
Ansel and wife Susan Bowers, are they connected to Adam & Samuel?