Re: Hello -- Graham

  • Roger Swafford
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi Mary,
      Pardon my jumping in, I have the following on Graham. If you can fill in any
      addtional info I would be grateful.

      Thomas H. Swafford 1866-1943 m. Hulda E. Graham
      Thomas born in Apr 1866 in Jackson Co. AL. He married Hulda on 10-1-1886 in
      Madison Co. AL. He was listed in the 1900 Jackson Co. AL census bur Hulda
      was not listed, they had one child.
      Danie, a daughter, born in Nov 1888 in AL. She was listed with her father in
      the 1900 Jackson Co. AL census. Danie m. Fate Jones, he was killed (date
      unknown) . They had one child, Loyd Jones. Danie secondly m. Hobart Maxwell.
      Danie is buried at La Grange, Troup Co. GA

      also have....
      Homer Ernest Swofford 1908- m. Gladys Jewell Graham 1911-

      Thanks-- Roger Swafford

    • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
        Hello Roger,

        I'm sure our Graham families are related. I have Hulda, but I have her born
        in 1846 in Princeton, Jackson Co., which would be too old to match up with
        yours. Perhaps she was the mother of your Hulda. My Hulda is one of a large
        family--parents are Jessie Abner Graham, b. 1804 and Martha Jane Patsy
        Fanning, b. 1811. Apparently the family went to Texas as both parents died
        in Texas.

        I don't have any more info on Hulda--who she married or anything. I plan a
        visit to my mother in law next week and will share your email with her. She
        may know of these people. If not, she will still really enjoy reading this
        material.

        If I find out any more info will contact you.

        Regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson
      • Jim Childress
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
          DID ANY OF YOUR ANDERSONS MARRY A JIM DOVE IN ABT 1880? SHE WOULD BE MY GGMOTHER
          JIM CHILDRESS
          MaryWinn@... wrote:

          > From: MaryWinn@...
          >
          > Hello Roger,
          >
          > I'm sure our Graham families are related. I have Hulda, but I have her born
          > in 1846 in Princeton, Jackson Co., which would be too old to match up with
          > yours. Perhaps she was the mother of your Hulda. My Hulda is one of a large
          > family--parents are Jessie Abner Graham, b. 1804 and Martha Jane Patsy
          > Fanning, b. 1811. Apparently the family went to Texas as both parents died
          > in Texas.
          >
          > I don't have any more info on Hulda--who she married or anything. I plan a
          > visit to my mother in law next week and will share your email with her. She
          > may know of these people. If not, she will still really enjoy reading this
          > material.
          >
          > If I find out any more info will contact you.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Mary Winn Anderson

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 1999
            Roger, this is the 1920 census Princeton Precinct #34
            Lafayette Jones 31 AL AL AL
            Bettie 25 AL AL AL
            Clyd 5 AL
            Samuell M. 6/12 AL

            Don't know who his wife Bettie was before marriage.

            The story goes like this: For some reason, Fate Jones killed Dave Johnson
            and the sheriff's department killed Fate Jones. Dave Johnson was killed 8
            Feb. 1922 in Madison County, AL. Don't know much about that, but would love
            to have the complete story.
            Jewel