Re: Hello

  • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi Rusty
      I believe the reason the name has so many spellings is because of the
      way the Hawk ancestors pronounced it. I think they were from Scotland.
      Anyway my gggrandfather Hugh P. Maxwell married Sara Hawk dau. of John
      and Niagra McMahan. John was in the Cavalry of the Civil War. Sara
      died around 1888. I am still working on the Hawk's but I will be glad
      to share what I have with you.

      Susan
    • Judy Pittmann
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
        Tracy Wilson,

        I'm searching for Hancock roots in Jackson County. My ggrandfather is named
        Joseph B. Hancock and his older brother was John L. We've never figured out
        the name of their father. Can you help?

        Judy Pittmann

        >From: "Tracy Lynn Wilson" <tlwilson@...>
        >To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
        >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hello
        >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:46:25 -0600
        >
        >Hi Susan,
        >
        >I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
        >part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?
        >
        >My Jackson/Dekalb families include:
        >
        >FOSSETT
        >I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...
        >
        >HANCOCK
        >STOVER
        >LACKEY
        >PRIVETT
        >JETT
        >
        >Tracy Fossett Wilson
        >Jackson County, AL

      • Tracy Lynn Wilson
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
          Susan -

          I don't have any info on the Scott family, but if I come across anything
          I'll forward it on to you.

          I live about 15 miles from Buck's Pocket. Truly awesome place!!

          Tracy
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
            Tracy, tell me something about history. I have Wellborns, Romans, subletts.
            Elias Wellborn, Tabitha____?

          • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
              Tracy
              Thank-you. Anything will be appreciated.

              Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

              Susan