Re: Hello

  • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hello Tracey Fossett Wilson,

      Do any of the Jetts in your file have a first name "Lafayette"?

      Regards,
      Mary Winn
    • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
        HI Kay ,
        I am working on Elias Ridley. I have lots of info if you are
        interested. My grandmother was Wilie H. Ridley and her father was
        Spiller Ridley. My dad is Ed Brown. I will be glad to share what have
        with you.

        I look forward to hearing from you.

        Susan
      • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
          Hi Tracy,

          Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
          John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
          John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
          Scott.

          Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
          history to.
          Susan
        • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
            Hi Rusty
            I believe the reason the name has so many spellings is because of the
            way the Hawk ancestors pronounced it. I think they were from Scotland.
            Anyway my gggrandfather Hugh P. Maxwell married Sara Hawk dau. of John
            and Niagra McMahan. John was in the Cavalry of the Civil War. Sara
            died around 1888. I am still working on the Hawk's but I will be glad
            to share what I have with you.

            Susan
          • Kay Ridley
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                Tracy Wilson,

                I'm searching for Hancock roots in Jackson County. My ggrandfather is named
                Joseph B. Hancock and his older brother was John L. We've never figured out
                the name of their father. Can you help?

                Judy Pittmann

                >From: "Tracy Lynn Wilson" <tlwilson@...>
                >To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
                >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hello
                >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:46:25 -0600
                >
                >Hi Susan,
                >
                >I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
                >part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?
                >
                >My Jackson/Dekalb families include:
                >
                >FOSSETT
                >I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...
                >
                >HANCOCK
                >STOVER
                >LACKEY
                >PRIVETT
                >JETT
                >
                >Tracy Fossett Wilson
                >Jackson County, AL

              • Tracy Lynn Wilson
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                  Susan -

                  I don't have any info on the Scott family, but if I come across anything
                  I'll forward it on to you.

                  I live about 15 miles from Buck's Pocket. Truly awesome place!!

                  Tracy
                  >Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
                  >John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
                  >John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
                  >Scott.
                  >
                  >Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
                  >history to.
                  >Susan

                • Alta Wallace
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                    Tracy, tell me something about history. I have Wellborns, Romans, subletts.
                    Elias Wellborn, Tabitha____?

                  • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
                      Tracy
                      Thank-you. Anything will be appreciated.

                      Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

                      Susan