Re: Hello

  • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi Susan,

      I'm in Florida. My mother in law lives in Franklin Co., TN, but has many
      ties to Jackson Co. My husband was born in Jackson Co.

      I'm researching Anderson, Morris.
      Allied families--Fanning, Graham, McFarlane

      Regards,
      Mary Winn
    • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
        Hello Tracey Fossett Wilson,

        Do any of the Jetts in your file have a first name "Lafayette"?

        Regards,
        Mary Winn
      • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
          HI Kay ,
          I am working on Elias Ridley. I have lots of info if you are
          interested. My grandmother was Wilie H. Ridley and her father was
          Spiller Ridley. My dad is Ed Brown. I will be glad to share what have
          with you.

          I look forward to hearing from you.

          Susan
        • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
            Hi Tracy,

            Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
            John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
            John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
            Scott.

            Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
            history to.
            Susan
          • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
              Hi Rusty
              I believe the reason the name has so many spellings is because of the
              way the Hawk ancestors pronounced it. I think they were from Scotland.
              Anyway my gggrandfather Hugh P. Maxwell married Sara Hawk dau. of John
              and Niagra McMahan. John was in the Cavalry of the Civil War. Sara
              died around 1888. I am still working on the Hawk's but I will be glad
              to share what I have with you.

              Susan
            • Kay Ridley
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                  Tracy Wilson,

                  I'm searching for Hancock roots in Jackson County. My ggrandfather is named
                  Joseph B. Hancock and his older brother was John L. We've never figured out
                  the name of their father. Can you help?

                  Judy Pittmann

                  >From: "Tracy Lynn Wilson" <tlwilson@...>
                  >To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hello
                  >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:46:25 -0600
                  >
                  >Hi Susan,
                  >
                  >I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
                  >part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?
                  >
                  >My Jackson/Dekalb families include:
                  >
                  >FOSSETT
                  >I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...
                  >
                  >HANCOCK
                  >STOVER
                  >LACKEY
                  >PRIVETT
                  >JETT
                  >
                  >Tracy Fossett Wilson
                  >Jackson County, AL

                • Tracy Lynn Wilson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                    Susan -

                    I don't have any info on the Scott family, but if I come across anything
                    I'll forward it on to you.

                    I live about 15 miles from Buck's Pocket. Truly awesome place!!

                    Tracy
                    >Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
                    >John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
                    >John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
                    >Scott.
                    >
                    >Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
                    >history to.
                    >Susan

                  • Alta Wallace
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                      Tracy, tell me something about history. I have Wellborns, Romans, subletts.
                      Elias Wellborn, Tabitha____?

                    • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
                        Tracy
                        Thank-you. Anything will be appreciated.

                        Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

                        Susan