Re: Hello

  • Tracy Lynn Wilson
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 1999
      Hi Susan,

      I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
      part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?

      My Jackson/Dekalb families include:

      FOSSETT
      I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...

      HANCOCK
      STOVER
      LACKEY
      PRIVETT
      JETT

      Tracy Fossett Wilson
      Jackson County, AL

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
        Hi Susan,

        I'm in Florida. My mother in law lives in Franklin Co., TN, but has many
        ties to Jackson Co. My husband was born in Jackson Co.

        I'm researching Anderson, Morris.
        Allied families--Fanning, Graham, McFarlane

        Regards,
        Mary Winn
      • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
          Hello Tracey Fossett Wilson,

          Do any of the Jetts in your file have a first name "Lafayette"?

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
            HI Kay ,
            I am working on Elias Ridley. I have lots of info if you are
            interested. My grandmother was Wilie H. Ridley and her father was
            Spiller Ridley. My dad is Ed Brown. I will be glad to share what have
            with you.

            I look forward to hearing from you.

            Susan
          • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
              Hi Tracy,

              Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
              John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
              John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
              Scott.

              Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
              history to.
              Susan
            • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                Hi Rusty
                I believe the reason the name has so many spellings is because of the
                way the Hawk ancestors pronounced it. I think they were from Scotland.
                Anyway my gggrandfather Hugh P. Maxwell married Sara Hawk dau. of John
                and Niagra McMahan. John was in the Cavalry of the Civil War. Sara
                died around 1888. I am still working on the Hawk's but I will be glad
                to share what I have with you.

                Susan
              • Kay Ridley
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                  > I would like to introduce myself to the list. My name is Susan. Does
                  anyone
                  > live in Jackson Co. on this list?? My dad grew up in Stevenson and we
                  used
                  > to visit alot. He still has lots of family living there.
                  >
                  > Who are you researching???
                  >
                  > I am working on:
                  > BROWN
                  > RIDLEY
                  > MAXWELL
                  > GUINN
                  > HAWK
                  > SCOTT
                  >
                  > Until later,
                  > Susan
                  >
                  > > Susan,

                  Which RIDLEY are you researching? All my husband's ancestors came from
                  Jackson County and lived in Stevenson. I live in Idaho and am always
                  interested in corresponding with other researchers.

                  Kay Ridley
                • Judy Pittmann
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                    Tracy Wilson,

                    I'm searching for Hancock roots in Jackson County. My ggrandfather is named
                    Joseph B. Hancock and his older brother was John L. We've never figured out
                    the name of their father. Can you help?

                    Judy Pittmann

                    >From: "Tracy Lynn Wilson" <tlwilson@...>
                    >To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hello
                    >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:46:25 -0600
                    >
                    >Hi Susan,
                    >
                    >I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
                    >part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?
                    >
                    >My Jackson/Dekalb families include:
                    >
                    >FOSSETT
                    >I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...
                    >
                    >HANCOCK
                    >STOVER
                    >LACKEY
                    >PRIVETT
                    >JETT
                    >
                    >Tracy Fossett Wilson
                    >Jackson County, AL

                  • Tracy Lynn Wilson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                      Susan -

                      I don't have any info on the Scott family, but if I come across anything
                      I'll forward it on to you.

                      I live about 15 miles from Buck's Pocket. Truly awesome place!!

                      Tracy
                      >Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
                      >John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
                      >John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
                      >Scott.
                      >
                      >Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
                      >history to.
                      >Susan

                    • Alta Wallace
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                        Tracy, tell me something about history. I have Wellborns, Romans, subletts.
                        Elias Wellborn, Tabitha____?

                      • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
                          Tracy
                          Thank-you. Anything will be appreciated.

                          Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

                          Susan