Re: Hello

  • RustyHouk@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 1999
      In a message dated 11/30/99 11:47:21 PM CST, susan_j2@... writes:

      << Hello Everyone,

      I would like to introduce myself to the list. My name is Susan. Does anyone
      live in Jackson Co. on this list?? My dad grew up in Stevenson and we used
      to visit alot. He still has lots of family living there.

      Who are you researching???

      I am working on:
      BROWN
      RIDLEY
      MAXWELL
      GUINN
      HAWK
      SCOTT

      Until later,
      Susan >>

      Hi Susan: Can you tell me more about your Hawk line? I descend from the
      Houk Family in and around Woodville. It seems their names interchanged with
      Hauk,Hawk, Houk, Howk at some time in the past. Don't know why. My email
      address is Rustyhouk@....
    • Tracy Lynn Wilson
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 30, 1999
        Hi Susan,

        I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
        part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?

        My Jackson/Dekalb families include:

        FOSSETT
        I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...

        HANCOCK
        STOVER
        LACKEY
        PRIVETT
        JETT

        Tracy Fossett Wilson
        Jackson County, AL

      • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
          Hi Susan,

          I'm in Florida. My mother in law lives in Franklin Co., TN, but has many
          ties to Jackson Co. My husband was born in Jackson Co.

          I'm researching Anderson, Morris.
          Allied families--Fanning, Graham, McFarlane

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
            Hello Tracey Fossett Wilson,

            Do any of the Jetts in your file have a first name "Lafayette"?

            Regards,
            Mary Winn
          • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
              HI Kay ,
              I am working on Elias Ridley. I have lots of info if you are
              interested. My grandmother was Wilie H. Ridley and her father was
              Spiller Ridley. My dad is Ed Brown. I will be glad to share what have
              with you.

              I look forward to hearing from you.

              Susan
            • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                Hi Tracy,

                Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
                John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
                John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
                Scott.

                Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
                history to.
                Susan
              • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                  Hi Rusty
                  I believe the reason the name has so many spellings is because of the
                  way the Hawk ancestors pronounced it. I think they were from Scotland.
                  Anyway my gggrandfather Hugh P. Maxwell married Sara Hawk dau. of John
                  and Niagra McMahan. John was in the Cavalry of the Civil War. Sara
                  died around 1888. I am still working on the Hawk's but I will be glad
                  to share what I have with you.

                  Susan
                • Kay Ridley
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                    > I would like to introduce myself to the list. My name is Susan. Does
                    anyone
                    > live in Jackson Co. on this list?? My dad grew up in Stevenson and we
                    used
                    > to visit alot. He still has lots of family living there.
                    >
                    > Who are you researching???
                    >
                    > I am working on:
                    > BROWN
                    > RIDLEY
                    > MAXWELL
                    > GUINN
                    > HAWK
                    > SCOTT
                    >
                    > Until later,
                    > Susan
                    >
                    > > Susan,

                    Which RIDLEY are you researching? All my husband's ancestors came from
                    Jackson County and lived in Stevenson. I live in Idaho and am always
                    interested in corresponding with other researchers.

                    Kay Ridley
                  • Judy Pittmann
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 1999
                      Tracy Wilson,

                      I'm searching for Hancock roots in Jackson County. My ggrandfather is named
                      Joseph B. Hancock and his older brother was John L. We've never figured out
                      the name of their father. Can you help?

                      Judy Pittmann

                      >From: "Tracy Lynn Wilson" <tlwilson@...>
                      >To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
                      >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hello
                      >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:46:25 -0600
                      >
                      >Hi Susan,
                      >
                      >I'm live in Jackson County, but don't know a whole lot about the northern
                      >part of the county. Do you need some help in Jax Co.?
                      >
                      >My Jackson/Dekalb families include:
                      >
                      >FOSSETT
                      >I also have connections (by marriage) to Shankle, Goble, & Wooten...
                      >
                      >HANCOCK
                      >STOVER
                      >LACKEY
                      >PRIVETT
                      >JETT
                      >
                      >Tracy Fossett Wilson
                      >Jackson County, AL

                    • Tracy Lynn Wilson
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                        Susan -

                        I don't have any info on the Scott family, but if I come across anything
                        I'll forward it on to you.

                        I live about 15 miles from Buck's Pocket. Truly awesome place!!

                        Tracy
                        >Right now I am on hold dueto overtime at work, but Ihave been stuck on
                        >John Scott who came to Jax about 1835. His name may have been either
                        >John William or William John Scott. He is on the 1850 Census as John
                        >Scott.
                        >
                        >Do you live near Buck's Pocket. It is really beautiful there. Rich in
                        >history to.
                        >Susan

                      • Alta Wallace
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 5, 1999
                          Tracy, tell me something about history. I have Wellborns, Romans, subletts.
                          Elias Wellborn, Tabitha____?

                        • sjb12@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
                            Tracy
                            Thank-you. Anything will be appreciated.

                            Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

                            Susan