Re: Bowers

  • Tracy Lynn Wilson
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
      Hi Becky,

      I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I'll try to find this for you
      tomorrow.

      Tracy Fossett Wilson
      Jackson Co., AL
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 7, 1999
        Becky, as far as I can find out there were only 3 districts in 1850, -19, 20
        and 21. Dist. # 21 was around what is now Hollytree and Princeton and the
        north east part of Jackson County. This will tell you that Dist 19 and 20
        were farther south than Hollytree. Hope this helps.
        Jewel
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 22, 1999
          Just anyother Bowers question......On the Jackson County site, in the
          marriage book, does it list any parents of the bride or groom

          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
          Becky
        • Becky Stewart
          Message 4 of 15 , May 16, 2000
            I think I will try again too. Been quite awhile since I posted this
            line.
            The following was found in the Jackson Cty., AL, census of 1840 & 1850
            Adam Bowers b. abt 1803 in VA, wife Susannah b. abt 1805 in GA.
            Children:
            1. John Bowers born 1830 in TN
            2. William James Bowers born 1847 in AL
            3. Thomas P. Bowes born 1837 in AL
            4. Isaac Newton Bowers born 1845 in AL
            this is the know children. Living with Adam & Susannah was Mary, was
            she a child? Living next door to them was Martha and James Bowers were
            the also children. It is believed that Samuel is Adam's father. By the
            1860 census they are living in McNairy Cty., TN.

            Love to hear from someone.

            Becky Stewart
            becky1@...
          • Becky Stewart
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 19, 2000
              My search is back to Jackson County, AL. Adam and Susannah Darnell
              Bowers, 1840 & 1850 Census, for Jackson Cty., Dist. 19. Children are
              Mary, John, Louisa, Thomas, Isaac & William, living next door was son
              James Darnell Bowers and wife Martha, their son John.
              Adam & family by 1860 were in McNairy County, TN about 1853. There is
              no listing in the census for McNairy County for Mary and Louisa, did
              they stay in Jackson County, AL?
              In the 1840 Census for Jackson Cty. Samuel is living next door, he is a
              brother to Adam. But in the 1850 Census, Samuel is not listed. In 1850
              Ansel and wife Susan Bowers, are they connected to Adam & Samuel?

              Anyone!!

              Regards
              Becky Stewart