Bowers

  • Becky Stewart
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
      Did anyone every find out where District 19 in Jackson Cty., was in the
      1850 & 60 census. I don't find a map on the county site, it there one
      anywhere?????
      Becky
    • Tracy Lynn Wilson
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
        Hi Becky,

        I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I'll try to find this for you
        tomorrow.

        Tracy Fossett Wilson
        Jackson Co., AL
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 7, 1999
          Becky, as far as I can find out there were only 3 districts in 1850, -19, 20
          and 21. Dist. # 21 was around what is now Hollytree and Princeton and the
          north east part of Jackson County. This will tell you that Dist 19 and 20
          were farther south than Hollytree. Hope this helps.
          Jewel
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 22, 1999
            Just anyother Bowers question......On the Jackson County site, in the
            marriage book, does it list any parents of the bride or groom

            Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
            Becky
          • Becky Stewart
            Message 5 of 15 , May 16 5:31 PM
              I think I will try again too. Been quite awhile since I posted this
              line.
              The following was found in the Jackson Cty., AL, census of 1840 & 1850
              Adam Bowers b. abt 1803 in VA, wife Susannah b. abt 1805 in GA.
              Children:
              1. John Bowers born 1830 in TN
              2. William James Bowers born 1847 in AL
              3. Thomas P. Bowes born 1837 in AL
              4. Isaac Newton Bowers born 1845 in AL
              this is the know children. Living with Adam & Susannah was Mary, was
              she a child? Living next door to them was Martha and James Bowers were
              the also children. It is believed that Samuel is Adam's father. By the
              1860 census they are living in McNairy Cty., TN.

              Love to hear from someone.

              Becky Stewart
              becky1@...
            • Becky Stewart
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 19, 2000
                My search is back to Jackson County, AL. Adam and Susannah Darnell
                Bowers, 1840 & 1850 Census, for Jackson Cty., Dist. 19. Children are
                Mary, John, Louisa, Thomas, Isaac & William, living next door was son
                James Darnell Bowers and wife Martha, their son John.
                Adam & family by 1860 were in McNairy County, TN about 1853. There is
                no listing in the census for McNairy County for Mary and Louisa, did
                they stay in Jackson County, AL?
                In the 1840 Census for Jackson Cty. Samuel is living next door, he is a
                brother to Adam. But in the 1850 Census, Samuel is not listed. In 1850
                Ansel and wife Susan Bowers, are they connected to Adam & Samuel?

                Anyone!!

                Regards
                Becky Stewart