Re: Roll Call - FOSTER

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      What are the dates on your Phereba Burgess FOSTER? Could she have been a
      part of the FOSTERS who came from Franklin Co., Tn.? I have a Margaret Julia
      FOSTER b 1821 in Franklin Co., Tn. and married John Shute EUSTACE in 1849 in
      Jackson Co., Al. Her father was William Fain FOSTER b 1794 and married Sally BOYD
      b 1779 in Montgomery Co., Va.
      OR
      Could BURGESS have been her maiden name and she had been married to a FOSTER?

    • Arvinell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
        Yes, Phereba Burgess was born between 1774-1784 in Va., child of William Burgess. She married Richard Foster ( b.1780--d.1849) son of Isaac Bynum Foster and wife #2 Martha Dean. They had nine children, were early settlers in Jackson Co., AL., coming from Tennessee. Anthony Wayne Foster was their fourth child and my ancestor. I have the Foster information back to the 1600's, but nothing further on Phereba, although Burgess was a common name in Va. Your Fosters were likely relatives, but I don't have them in my database.

        Thanks. a. mc.