William Hill

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
      Hello out there. I am researching William Absolom and Caroline ( ) Hill who lived in Jackson County probably before 1850. William was born ca 1819 TN, died before 1870 Jackson County, AL, Caroline born ca 1859, TN, died sometimes after 1880, Jackson County, AL. Children listed were George W., 1842/43; Elvada, 1844/45; Margaret R., born April 1847; William L., born ca 1848, Benjamin, born ca 1851; John Anderson, born ca 1853/54. Will exchange info. My great-grandmother was Margaret R. Hill who married Thomas D. Fanning 22 Dec. 1867 Jackson County, AL. Margaret R. (Hill) Fanning died after 1920 probably in Madison County, AL. I wonder what happened to her brothers and sister.
      Jewel
    • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
        Hello Jewel, if you get return information on William Hill, please let me
        know. As you know, he's in my line too. (Got the orig. info from you.)
        Your cousin
        Mary Winn
      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
          Hi, I meant to write to you the other day. Did you ever get up here?? Call
          me when you come home? OK
          Was wondering if you have any info on Annie Sue Fanning, dau of James Warnie
          and Altie Lillie (Snyder) Fanning who married Leon Morris?? Would love any
          info you might have on any of those kids. Mrs. Anderson told me that she
          knew Warnie & Altie Fanning real well.
          Gotta go cook supper.
          See ya
          Jewel
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
            Hi Jewel,

            We haven't gotten up there yet. I plan to call you when we go. Jim keeps
            saying, "We'll go when the fruit gets ripe." (The naval oranges are beginning
            to ripen, but need a little cold snap to sweeten them up.)

            I didn't have Annie Snyder Morris in the file. I added her. The only thing
            I have on her parents I got from you. Getting information from Mrs. Anderson
            is like pulling teeth. Her memory is not all that good anymore. I'll ask
            her for more info when we get up there. Someone on the Jackson County list
            was looking for Ella Morris, who married a Holder. Jim said, "two of mama's
            brothers married Holders". I didn't even know that. If I don't ask a
            specific question, she doesn't volunteer any information. It's not that she
            doesn't want to help. She will try to answer anything I ask her, but she
            just doesn't volunteer any information.

            Well all for now, its the middle of the night and I'm getting ready to fold
            clothes. (I took a nap earlier.)
            Love
            Mary Winn