Roll Call

  • lorraine cooper
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 5, 2004
      Some of my Jackson Co. surnames are Thompson, Mathis, Mathews, Hester, Marriotte, Scrivener,
      Lorraine Mathis Cooper

    • Eugene Summers
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 5, 2004
        Hello List Members:

        I am researching Jackson, Tankersley, Summers and Bishop.

        My email address is esummers2@...

      • wader820@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 5, 2004
          I am researching the following:

          Wilson Stogsdill Gay Milligan

          Sharon Langham Henson
          in very cold and breezy Grayson County near Denison, Texas

        • sromanek
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 5, 2004
            Hi Sharon. Some of your names are familiar to some of my lines. I have Wilson and Stogsdill that possibly connects to my Dover line and then the Milligan I have also seen spelled Millican I think. Wonder if they are one and the same and if we connect? Millican in my family married Martha Ellen Shrader Johnston my great great grandmother who first married William Thomas Johnston. Fidelia Wilson married William Alfred Dover and was the daughter of Henry Wilson and Jane Walraven. Fidelia is my 2nd great grandmother. Does any of this sound familiar? Would you like to share notes? Please contact me if you would. I am not real clear on the Stogsdill. I will have to ask some others who know more than I do on that one. I believe if memory serves me right the Wilsons married Stogsdills.

            Take Care,
            Sharon Dover Romanek
            Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
            Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

            Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

            It's 2003... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
            in very cold and breezy Grayson County near Denison, Texas

            [This message may be spam]--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]

          • Anne Rohr
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 5, 2004
              Great to start the New Year with a Roll Call!

              Researching PADGETT, MORGAN, WEBB, HORTON, SNODGRASS, NICKOLSON, McCORD,
              BRIDGES, TRIBBLE in Jackson County, AL

              Velma Graham Finley...contact me as I have a lot of new information on
              the Bridges line and will gladly share with you!

              Anne Rohr
              granny1463@...

              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:24:46 EST
              From: cherokeeindian77@...
              Subject: Roll Call

              O si yo,

              I'm sorry did I miss something? What is this all about "Roll Call"

              May the sun always shine for you, and the warm winds blow gently on your
              back. Do na da go hv = Until we meet again U gi da li - Silver Feathers

              ah-nee-jah-lah-gee = Cherokee People = Guh-geh-yoo, I love you
              Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee = Your kin

              In God's Service
              Patricia Mills
              cherokeeindian77@...

              Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
              Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
              Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

              My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where
              did he
              come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were
              her
              parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

              Message: 4
              Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:32:43 -0000
              From: "wayward39" <myfamilytree@...>

              Williams, Sanders, Owens, Taliaferro, Carden, Kirkpatrick

              Message: 5
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:14:15 -0600
              From: <nblanset@...>

              Hello list members:

              I am researching BLANCET,BLANCETT,BLANSET,BLANSETT,BLANCIT,BLANSIT,HAYES
              and PAINTER, etc.

              Norman Blansett
              Pocahontas, Ar.

              Message: 6
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:49:07 EST
              From: KLinge6131@...
              Subject: Re: Roll Call

              Did not get the announcement on a roll call. However I am researching;
              Brown,
              Clark Ridley,Vinyard, Bullard, Marshall Haynie, Glass, Welch; Send
              information to K. M. Lingenfelter,Klinge6131@...

              Message: 8
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:31:48 EST
              From: rlmw63@...

              Hello, I am researching Sisk, Dolberry, Sanders and Precise.

              Rhonda Woodard

              Message: 9
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:59:35 -0600 (CST)
              From: morrisonmx@...

              Need help with a lookup on a couple deceased men in Scottsboro.
              John William "Dub or Jack" Davis and Charles "Charlie" Edward
              Proctor. Looking for leads as to my biological father.
              Davis was married to Shelby Beasley in the middle to late
              1960's. They had a daughter , LeeAnn?? in late '60s, probably 1969???/
              Davis died in 1997 and Proctor in 1983 or 1984 and both are buried in or
              around Scottsboro. Both worked for a Chamblee Georgia construction
              company by the name of McDonough-Thompson on a Bell Telephone building
              here in Paducah Kentucky. They were here in 1970-71. Jack Davis left
              my mother in Tuscaloosa in July 1971. Guess he had just too many women
              at one time to support. He drove a lite green Chevy Impala (1997-98??)
              with Alabama plates. Somebody there has got to have knowledge of these
              two. HELP Charles Morrison 270-994-3828

              Message: 10
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:25:03 EST
              From: MaryTom482@...

              I am searching for Cameron and Willis
              James Willis 1755 is my brick wall..
              Mary Drew at marytom482aol.com
              Thanks for any help.

              Message: 11
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:03:22 EST
              From: altafae@...
              Subject: ROLL CALL - Brasure, Lovless, Stephens, Crawford, Hale

              I am researching:

              Brasure/Brashear/Brazier, Lovless/Lovlass/Lovelace, Stephens, Crawford,
              Hale,
              Glass, Scobey, Ryan & more, but these are my main lines. They would
              migrate
              to Georgia from North Carolina through South Carolina; then on to
              Tennessee
              where many of them would ending up in Jackson Co., Alabama once the
              Indian lands
              opened up.

              Early family surnames I am searching for are: Stephens, Lovless,
              Brazier
              [pre-1800],

              Related families: Blalock, Colbert, Falkner, Smith, Messer, Fears,
              Gotcher/Gocher, Cornelison, Worthen, Precise, Greenlee, Sanders, Brown.

              Thank you, cuz Jimmie

              Message: 12
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:31:51 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
              From: "Denise" <poohthatswho66@...>

              THOMPSON....McCOLLOUGH....TALLEY....WARD....

              Message: 13
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:56:23 EST
              From: malbuff@...

              I may be able to help you with Stephens. Email me personally and we'll
              compare notes.

              I am researching Stephens and Larkin. I have a lot on Larkin. I still
              have some big holes on Stephens. My current stumbling block is John B
              Stephens (b. ca. 1797) whom I believe to be a son of Josiah Stephens
              (1771-1848). They were natives of SC who went to Tennessee and
              eventually Jackson county.

              Glory to God,

              David Malbuff
              Strasburg, Virginia

              Message: 14
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:04:07 -0800
              From: "Robert West" <rdwest3@...>

              I have "Mary Malvina Oregon Talley" as my gggrandmother. Plus info on a
              number of other Talleys.

              I'm looking for WEST.

              Bob West

              THOMPSON....McCOLLOUGH....TALLEY....WARD....

              Message: 15
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:52:23 EST
              From: Rhaas68@...

              Members,

              I am looking for CAMERON, POTTS, and BLACK

              Russell Haas
              Rhaas68@...

              Message: 16
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:01:25 EST
              From: vrgfdonna@...
              Subject: Roll Call - Graham / Cresswell / Padgett / Eustace / Hunter /
              Foster / McCord

              My Jackson Co., Al. names of interest are:
              Graham
              Cresswell/Criswell
              Padgett
              Eustace
              Hunter
              Foster
              McCord
              Bridges
              The years were from 1830 - 1909
              Thanks,
              Velma Graham Finley

              Message: 17
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:06:52 -0500
              From: "Barbara and James Dooley" <jb.dooley@...>

              David, do you by any chance have a Sarah Larkin who married Jacob
              Swafford? she was born in VA circa 1772; married (probably in SC) about
              1790. She and Jacob were in McMinn Co., TN, at the time of the 1840
              census, then she died about 1855. Sarah and Jacob were my 3rd.
              gt.grandparents.

              Barbara Dooley
              Cullowhee, NC

              Message: 18
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:14:21 -0500
              From: "Barbara and James Dooley" <jb.dooley@...>

              Sorry that I gave the wrong census date for Sarah and Jacob. I should
              have typed 1850. Barbara

              > David, do you by any chance have a Sarah Larkin who married Jacob
              Swafford?
              > she was born in VA circa 1772; married (probably in SC) about 1790.
              > She
              and
              > Jacob were in McMinn Co., TN, at the time of the 1840 census, then she
              died
              > about 1855. Sarah and Jacob were my 3rd. gt.grandparents.
              >
              > Barbara Dooley
              > Cullowhee, NC

              Message: 19
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:31:09 -0500
              From: "Jeanette" <jmcclur@...>
              Subject: RE: WELLBORN, SUBLETT,ROMANS

              What are your Wellborn names? My Campbell md a
              Wellborn/Wilborn...Jeanette Henson McClure.

              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:32:17 -0800
              From: "Margie Campbell" <margecam@...>
              Subject: Alabama Campbells

              Hi
              since the Holidays bring new researchers...

              Looking for family of Ellis Campbell b 1804 in va who married Elizabeth
              Young (Cobb??) b 1814 in TN or AL.

              They were in Jackson Co AL from about 1831-1849
              They had three sons while in AL
              Matthew Campbell b 1832-33 in Jackson co
              James Mehlander Campbell b 1835 in Jackson co AL
              Ambrose Campbell b 1836-37 in Jackson co AL

              They show on 1840 Ripley county MO census with four children, one a girl
              who was a baby. The names/dates above are from the 1850 Shannon co MO
              census & shows that Dorcas, the youngest (female) in 1840 was 10 years
              old, so born 1849-50.

              I have the family from 1840 on, just looking to see if anyone has an
              Ellis Campbell & can connect him to parents (unkn).

              It has been said that his parent's may be James & Elizabeth
              Meklander/Mehlander of VA. I have not found proff of this yet (they
              were married in 1793 I think). Marge in Lodi, CA
              > __

              > Message: 1
              > Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:03:49 -0600
              > From: "greg thomas" <gregthomas@...>
              > Subject: Rollcall
              >
              > BlankCollins, Culver, Isbell, and Birdwell
              >
              > Tonda Thomas
              > gregthomas@...

              > __

              > Message: 2
              > Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 07:31:16 EST
              > From: zrcb@...
              > Subject: Re: Rollcall
              >
              > Hello
              > My name is Charles Boyd. My GGgrandparents were John Boyd and
              > Elizabeth. They lived in Scottsboro abt 1853-1865. I have relatives
              > living in Jckson
              > County now. The names that I am researching are:
              > Boyd,Haswell,Holder,Pitman,Brooks,Frazier,Roden,Southerland
              (Sutherland)
              > Lewis and Kirby.
              > My email address is Zrcb@...
              > If anyone has any information on the names and they are willing
              > to share it.
              > Thank You Chuck

              Message: 21
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:50:34 -0800 (PST)
              From: Betty Durrenberger <bjdurrenberger@...>

              ELLIOTT: WINFORD: STEPHENS: KILLINGSWORTH: VAUGHN : HILLIN: KIRBY:
              HARRIS: SNODGRASS: CHILDRESS:

              These are some of my Jackson County, Alabama surnames
              Betty Durrenberger

              Message: 22
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:01:47 -0600
              From: "lorraine cooper" <rubyrain@...>

              Some of my Jackson Co. surnames are Thompson, Mathis, Mathews, Hester,
              Marriotte, Scrivener,
              Lorraine Mathis Cooper

              Message: 23
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:04:01 -0800 (PST)
              From: Betty Durrenberger <bjdurrenberger@...>
              Subject: Stephens

              I am interested in SUTTON STEPHENS and believe his father was Josiah
              Stephens Sr.

              The following is just about all the information I have on his father
              Josiah Sr.:

              Josiah Stephens (b. c. 1770, SC) first married a Sutton girl and later
              married Nancy Vann.

              In 1812, Josiah Stephens entered the war in Franklin Co., TN, and in
              1840 he was living in Jackson Co., AL.

              On 12-28-1819 Josiah Stephens sold 80 acres on Taylors Creek in Franklin
              Co., TN.

              Message: 24
              Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:05:29 EST
              From: FamResearcher@...
              Subject: Re: Roll Call - West

              I am also researching West. In particular, Christopher Columbus West.
              In
              1860 he was living in Cherokee Co. AL. In 1880 he was living in Jackson
              Co AL.
              Later he was living in Etowah Co., AL. He is my brick wall. I have
              been
              trying to track him all over NE AL. Any clues greatly appreciated.

              Phyllis Frank

              Message: 25

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 6, 2004
                Hi Wanda,

                Do you have any information on Jane Milliken/Milligan, daughter of James and
                Elizabeth Milligan? Jane married William Reynolds in Greene County,
                Tennessee on August 23, 1790. Later all were in Kentucky and then Bedford
                County, Tennessee.

                Joe

                Larry "Joe" Reynolds
                Reynolds Family Circle
                http://www.reynoldsfamilycircle.com
                Joe.Reynolds@...

                in very cold and breezy Grayson County near Denison, Texas

                To visit your group on the web, go to:

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • bremer1@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 7, 2004
                  Researching the following surnames: Ables, Austin, Bates, Boyd, Burgess, Derrick, Kennamer, Lewis, Martin, Parton, Shomaker, Sullenger, Tipton, Turpin, Watts, and Webb

                  All of these families were in Jackson County Alabama. Some were pioneers , dating back to the early 1800's . Others moved here from North Carolina and Tennessee. If any of these names are in your tree please contact me.
                  Thanks, Stephanie

                • Helen
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 8, 2004
                    Have been a member for a while but have not posted in a while I am
                    researching the Williams,of Jackson, Marshall, and De Kalb counties.
                    They came from Virginia to Tennessee to Alabama. Also Stephens and
                    Naylor. Elizabeth Jane Naylor (could be Nailer Nayler Nailor also)
                    was born in Georgia about 1830 to unknown parents. She married three
                    times once in Georgia twice in Alabama. She married John T. Capshaw
                    in Floyd County GA in 1953 they had one son William H. Capshaw. She
                    married William Guin Williams, my Great great Grandfather in 1957 in
                    Marshall County Alabama. He was the son of Samuel Williams and
                    Margaret Guin. His first wife was Margaret Elizabeth
                    Stephens/Stevens. William William died or was killed in 1863 but do
                    not believe related to the Civil War. Elizabeth then married Francis
                    Marion Bruce in De Kalb County AL in 1868.

                    William and his first wife Margaret had several Children before she
                    passed away. She had at least one sister that was living with them
                    in 1850 according to census records Francis Stephens. This is about
                    all I know of that family have no parents names.
                  • chaplain_mac
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 9, 2004
                      McBride, Weeks

                      and from VA Fuller, Lester, and Garner