Copies of Deeds

  • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      I need a copy of a deed issued between Armstead Jones and wife, Mary Jones,
      of Madison County, AL to Armstead Jones of Jackson County, AL. The deed
      was issued on Sept. 21, 1839.
      I also need a copy of a deed issued between Armstead Jones and wife,
      Catharine, to George Cloud on Oct. 21, 1846. Help will be greatly
      appreciated.
      Ray Shirley

      RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
      rshirley@...
      Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
        Ray

        Depending on where the land was located the deeds showing the transfer would be recorded at that county's courthouse. All the records for Madison County should be intact as that county did not have its courthouse burned as did Jackson County.

        This from Ann Chambless email abc123@... concerning records at Jackson County Courthouse: Land deeds from late 1830/31 through current date (Deed Book 14 has been missing for a number of years) also several gaps of years in deeds recorded between 1830 and 1870. This may be due to deeds having to be re-recorded after courthouse was burned during civil war.

        Go the algenweb site and click on either Madison County or Jackson County for info about their records and ordering copies..

        Clay Gullatt