Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Robert Matthews or Mathis

  • Joy Smith
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 19, 2003
      Joyce
      I'm afraid I'll have to do most of it via snail mail, as I haven't loaded much on my new PC. You can email me personally at joy0420@... with your mailing address and I'll get you copies of what I have.
      How do you descend from Puncheon Jim? (It's my belief the "Puncheon" part of his nickname could have come from perhaps him doing a little moonshining, as "Puncheon" could mean that during that era). Just a thought, tho, no proof. hahaha.
      Ms. Margie would talk your ear off, although it may not be about her family. I've never met anyone who could talk quite so much.
      Will wait to hear from you, so I can send you some info.

      Joy
      Stevenson, AL
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 14, 2004
        my gggfathers name was walker mathews his son name was john thomas mathews his daughter name mary mathews her daughter name was mary francis robertson and then mary francis moved to oklahoma with older sister who married 1st c her parents dead by 1897 if any body got information about mathews or james m robertson or sarah patterson family i would appreciate it thank you

        Joy Smith <joy0420@...> wrote:Check if his father is Walker Mathis of Jackson Co, AL. I'm thinking he is a brother to Puncheon Jim Mathis.