Bowers

  • RustyHouk@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 24, 1999
      Hi Becky: I don't know where District 19 is in Jackson County, but your
      surname interests me. Are you of the Stewart and Bowers families around
      Woodville, Jackson County, AL? If so, I would like to share info with you.
      Kenneth W. Houk (rustyhouk@...).
    • Becky Stewart
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
        Did anyone every find out where District 19 in Jackson Cty., was in the
        1850 & 60 census. I don't find a map on the county site, it there one
        anywhere?????
        Becky
      • Tracy Lynn Wilson
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
          Hi Becky,

          I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I'll try to find this for you
          tomorrow.

          Tracy Fossett Wilson
          Jackson Co., AL
          >Did anyone every find out where District 19 in Jackson Cty., was in the
          >1850 & 60 census. I don't find a map on the county site, it there one
          >anywhere?????
          >Becky

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 7, 1999
            Becky, as far as I can find out there were only 3 districts in 1850, -19, 20
            and 21. Dist. # 21 was around what is now Hollytree and Princeton and the
            north east part of Jackson County. This will tell you that Dist 19 and 20
            were farther south than Hollytree. Hope this helps.
            Jewel
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 22, 1999
              Just anyother Bowers question......On the Jackson County site, in the
              marriage book, does it list any parents of the bride or groom

              Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
              Becky
            • Becky Stewart
              Message 6 of 15 , May 16, 2000
                I think I will try again too. Been quite awhile since I posted this
                line.
                The following was found in the Jackson Cty., AL, census of 1840 & 1850
                Adam Bowers b. abt 1803 in VA, wife Susannah b. abt 1805 in GA.
                Children:
                1. John Bowers born 1830 in TN
                2. William James Bowers born 1847 in AL
                3. Thomas P. Bowes born 1837 in AL
                4. Isaac Newton Bowers born 1845 in AL
                this is the know children. Living with Adam & Susannah was Mary, was
                she a child? Living next door to them was Martha and James Bowers were
                the also children. It is believed that Samuel is Adam's father. By the
                1860 census they are living in McNairy Cty., TN.

                Love to hear from someone.

                Becky Stewart
                becky1@...
              • Becky Stewart
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 19, 2000
                  My search is back to Jackson County, AL. Adam and Susannah Darnell
                  Bowers, 1840 & 1850 Census, for Jackson Cty., Dist. 19. Children are
                  Mary, John, Louisa, Thomas, Isaac & William, living next door was son
                  James Darnell Bowers and wife Martha, their son John.
                  Adam & family by 1860 were in McNairy County, TN about 1853. There is
                  no listing in the census for McNairy County for Mary and Louisa, did
                  they stay in Jackson County, AL?
                  In the 1840 Census for Jackson Cty. Samuel is living next door, he is a
                  brother to Adam. But in the 1850 Census, Samuel is not listed. In 1850
                  Ansel and wife Susan Bowers, are they connected to Adam & Samuel?

                  Anyone!!

                  Regards
                  Becky Stewart