Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Robert Matthews or Mathis

  • Joy Smith
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 18, 2003
      Hi Joyce,
      My husband's grandmother (who is 97) is the grand-dau of James "Puncheon Jim" Mathews (Pronounced Mathis) and Lavinia Catherine "Babe" Day. His 1st wife was Elender Walker. There is a picture of him on Richard Mathews website off the Mathews genealogy, and Ms. Margie remembers her grandfather always having that long white beard. I have some info on him, tho sketchy at this time as I've been out of genealogy for a bit due to time constraints.
      Puncheon Jim is buried at the Old Bapt (Bolivar) Cemetery at Hwy 72 and Co Rd 69 in an unmarked grave beside his dau Marga.
      Let me know if you have or want more info.

      Joy
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 14, 2004
        my gggfathers name was walker mathews his son name was john thomas mathews his daughter name mary mathews her daughter name was mary francis robertson and then mary francis moved to oklahoma with older sister who married 1st c her parents dead by 1897 if any body got information about mathews or james m robertson or sarah patterson family i would appreciate it thank you

        Joy Smith <joy0420@...> wrote:Check if his father is Walker Mathis of Jackson Co, AL. I'm thinking he is a brother to Puncheon Jim Mathis.