Re: [jacksongenealogy] Grandmother Carrie Davis Bryant Ferguson Daughter of

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      I was scanning your FEARS line and noticed first a Benjamin Russ BREWER who
      married a FEARS. I remembered a tiny bit of RUSS info that I had. My great,
      great grandfather, James F. GRAHAM, married a RUSS in Jackson Co., Al. whose
      father was Benjamin S. RUSS. He was a Physician who was born in 1816 in N.C.
      Then I noticed that your third generation James FEARS was born in N. C. Could
      your FEARS and the RUSS family have come to Jackson Co. together?
      Just seemed logical to me or a real coincident!
      Velma Graham Finley

    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
        Cuz Velma:

        Thank you for your note, many families moved together from North Carolina as
        new lands opened as the Cherokee Nation conceded more and more land to the
        westward expansion of the United States. The Brewer family was one of the ones
        that came along with many other pioneer families. I do not have much on the
        Brewer in the Fear's case, and the person I received the data from has since
        passed away. My other cousin, David Wilson is a descendant of Sarah Davis and
        James Seaborn Loveless, my great grandfathers son. Here is that side of the
        family going back to Rowan Co., North Carolina. Hope it helps - I have more on
        this family, but the persons are living and I would have to forward a request
        to David to show his family on a public forum. If you would like I can forward
        your information to him or you can email me directly for the remainder of
        this file.

        Thank you for your question - cuz Jimmie

        Family of Russell Brewer - First Generation

        1. Russell Brewer was born on 28 Jan 1785 in Rowan Co., North Carolina.
        He died before 6 Aug 1858 in Warren Co., Tennessee. Russell married Nancy B.
        Toliver daughter of John Taliaferro (Toliver) and Tabitha Howell about 1805.
        Nancy was born on 9 Feb 1785 in Wilkes, North Carolina. She died on 27 Feb 1869
        in Coffee Co., Tennessee. She was buried in Trousdale Cemetery, Warren Co.,
        Tennessee. They had the following children:

        2 F i. Catherine Brewer was born in 1806. She died after 1860.

        3 M ii. William J. Brewer was born in 1806/1807 in North Carolina
        (?). He died about 1837 in Warren Co., Tennessee.

        4 M iii. Henry Brewer was born on 16 May 1807. He died on 25 Aug
        1877 in Warren Co., Tennessee.

        5 F iv. Jane Brewer was born about 1810 in Tennessee. She died after
        1872 in Cannon Co., Tennessee (Prob).

        6 M v. David Brewer was born on 6 Jan 1811 in Warren Co., Tennessee.
        He died on 18 May 1893 in Winston Co., Mississippi.

        + 7 F vi. Sarah Martha Brewer was born on 26 Dec 1812. She died on 10
        Mar 1891.

        8 M vii. John Brewer was born on 13 Jun 1814. He died on 6 Jun
        1894.

        9 F viii. Elizabeth Brewer was born in 1817/1818. She died before
        Jul 1872 in Fayetteville, Washington Co., Arkansas.

        10 M ix. Andrew Jackson Brewer was born about 1823 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee.

        11 F x. Charlotte Brewer was born on 24 Oct 1824 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee. She died in 1861/1872 in Monroe Co., Tennessee.

        12 M xi. Calvin C. Brewer was born in 1827 in McMinnville, Warren Co.
        Tennessee. He died on 17 Oct 1866 in McMinnville, Warren Co. Tennessee.

        13 M xii. Thomas Jefferson Brewer was born about 1830 in Warren
        Co., Tennessee. He died about 1860 in Coffee Co., Tennessee.

        14 M xiii. Russell B. Brewer Jr. was born about 1832. He died before
        1857.

        Second Generation

        7. Sarah Martha Brewer (Russell) was born on 26 Dec 1812 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee. She died on 10 Mar 1891 in Warren Co., Tennessee. Sarah married
        Anger Price McFarlin son of William M. McFarlin and Christian J. Price on 5 Feb
        1832. Anger was born on 24 Aug 1813 in Russel, Virginia. He died on 18 Mar
        1879 in Warren Co., Tennessee. He was buried in 1879 in Trousdale Cemetery,
        Jacksboro, Warren, Tennessee. They had the following children:

        15 F i. Nancy Catherine McFarlin was born on 7 Oct 1832 in Warren
        Co., Tennessee. She died on 6 Feb 1917 in Cannon Co., Tennessee. She was buried
        in MacMahan Cemetery, Cannon Co., Tennessee.

        16 F ii. Christian Priscilla McFarlin was born in 1836 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee. She died in 1906 in Warren Co., Tennessee. The cause of death was
        Murder.

        17 F iii. Elizabeth Caroline McFarlin was born in 1838.

        18 M iv. William Vann McFarlin was born in 1841 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee.

        19 F v. Martha Ann McFarlin was born on 3 Sep 1843. She died on 25
        Jan 1909 in Coffee Co., Tennessee.

        20 M vi. Russell Jackson McFarlin was born on 31 Dec 1847 in Warren
        Co., Tennessee. He died on 2 Jul 1935 in Garth, Jackson Co., Alabama.

        21 F vii. Salina Paralee McFarlin was born in 1849.

        + 22 F viii. America Josephine McFarlin was born on 20 Jan 1850. She
        died on 8 Feb 1934.

        23 F ix. Rosanna Charlotte McFarlin was born on 28 Jan 1853. She died
        on 24 Jul 1908.

        24 M x. Henry Robert McFarlin was born on 16 Feb 1855 in Warren Co.,
        Tennessee.

        25 F xi. Sarah Angeline McFarlin was born on 24 Mar 1858 in Coffee
        Co., Tennessee. She died on 8 May 1930 in Coffee Co., Tennessee. Sarah married
        John Charles Davis son of Jonathan G. Davis and Elizabeth Gilley. John was born
        on 5 Nov 1849 in Coffee Co., Tennessee. He died on 2 Apr 1921.

        Third Generation

        22. America Josephine McFarlin (Sarah Martha Brewer, Russell) was born on
        20 Jan 1850. She died on 8 Feb 1934 in Scottsboro, Jackson Co., Alabama.
        America married William Green C. Davis son of Jonathan G. Davis and Elizabeth
        Gilley on 25 Jan 1869 in Coffee Co., Tennessee. William was born on 27 Nov 1847 in
        Coffee Co., Tennessee. He died on 4 Aug 1902 in Scottsboro, Jackson Co.,
        Alabama. They had the following children:

        + 26 F i. Sarah Elizabeth Davis was born on 9 May 1870. She died on 2
        Jan 1949.

        + 27 M ii. Joseph Vann Davis was born on 28 Jan 1874.

        + 28 F iii. Rosa A. Davis was born on 15 Jul 1881. She died on 4 Feb
        1954.

        29 F iv. Mary Jane Davis was born on 26 Sep 1878 in Scottsboro,
        Jackson Co., Alabama. She died on 11 Jul 1966 in Franklin Co., Tennessee. She was
        buried in 1966 in New Brick Cemetery, Franklin Co., Tennessee. Mary married
        Hiram Alexander Bennett in 1900. Hiram was born on 6 Nov 1879 in Franklin Co.,
        Tennessee. He died on 17 Dec 1944 in Franklin Co., Tennessee. He was buried in
        1944 in New Brick Cemetery, Franklin Co., Tennessee.

        Fourth Generation

        26. Sarah Elizabeth Davis "Betty" (America Josephine McFarlin, Sarah
        Martha Brewer, Russell) was born on 9 May 1870 in Near Woodbury, Cannon Co.,
        Tennessee. She died on 2 Jan 1949 in Lonsdale, Tennessee. She was buried in 1949 in
        New Gray Cemetery, Lonsdale, Tennessee.

        Sarah married James Seaborn Loveless "Jim" son of James Belton Loveless and
        Sarah Josephine "Jane" Crawford on 30 Oct 1884 in Larkinsville, Alabama. James
        was born on 24 Oct 1866 in New Albany, Indiana. He died on 19 Aug 1951 in
        Lonsdale, Tennessee. He was buried in 1951 in New Gray Cemetery, Lonsdale,
        Tennessee. They had the following children:

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
          Mary

          1860 Stevenson Div 1 Jackson Co AL

          Henry Ferguson 34 Laborer b. AL (all were b. AL)
          Mary A. 24
          Sarah A. 5
          John W. 4
          Nancy 2
          Samuel Z. 5 months
          Nancy Ferguson 28
          John Ferguson 26 Laborer
          Samuel Ferguson 24 Laborer

          There is also a Elizabeth Ferguson 38 b. TN, and a Susannah Ferguson 23 b. AL both living in other households Stevenson Div 1.

        • vrgfdonna@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
            Jimmie,

            Thanks much for the info. It's OK. There's no need to go to all that
            trouble. Actually, Mary Jane RUSS was my great, great grandfather's second wife.
            He married her after my great, great grandmother, Chastity HUNTER GRAHAM, died.
            So I'm not blood related to the RUSS family. I did remember, however, that
            Mary Jane's father's name was Benjamin S. RUSS and that he was born in N.C.
            It was the BREWER/RUSS connection that I was interested in, although I'm not
            really connected to the RUSS family. Guess that sounds like a puzzle. Sorry.

            Yes, I think it's interesting how the families travelled together during that
            time. I'm not sure that my GRAHAMS didn't come at the same time with other
            families, too. Someday I hope to figure out exactly where my GRAHAMS did come
            from to Jackson Co., Al.

            Thanks again! Good luck to you!
            Velma Graham Finley

          • mary haynes
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
              Clay: Thanks. I had the info on my GGrandpa Henry for 1860, but thanks again.

              Mary Nell

              clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
              Mary

              1860 Stevenson Div 1 Jackson Co AL

              Henry Ferguson 34 Laborer b. AL (all were b. AL)
              Mary A. 24
              Sarah A. 5
              John W. 4
              Nancy 2
              Samuel Z. 5 months
              Nancy Ferguson 28
              John Ferguson 26 Laborer
              Samuel Ferguson 24 Laborer

              There is also a Elizabeth Ferguson 38 b. TN, and a Susannah Ferguson 23 b. AL both living in other households Stevenson Div 1.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • mary haynes