Scottsboro/Jackson County Heritage Center address please

  • Bl30x90@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
      Good morning Tracy Lynn,

      Would you happen to know the address, either snail-mail or electronic, for
      the Scottsboro/Jackson County Heritage Center? My husband's Wilson line spent
      two generations in Scottsboro before moving to Texas.

      Thanks in advance,

      Barbara Wright
      Slidell, La.
      BL30x90@...
    • Tracy Lynn Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
        Hi Barbara,

        You'll find that there are several Jackson County Wilson families. Another
        Jax Co. Wilson researcher is David Bates dlbates@...

        A great Wilson site is the Wilson Network at:
        http://members.tripod.com/~Wilson_Network/index.htm

        The address for the Heritage Center is:

        Scottsboro - Jackson Heritage Center
        PO Box 53
        208 South Houston Street
        Scottsboro, AL 35768

        Is there some specific information that you're looking for? I'll be doing
        some research this week, & maybe I can help you out. I don't charge for
        lookups, unless it something that involves some deep research. All I ask is
        for reimbursement of the cost of copies.

        Tracy

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
          Tracy:
          I will be glad to pay for this info: David Wesley Hambrick was in the
          Civil War and served about 2 years in the 4th Tennessee Cavalry
          (Starnes-McLemore) Co. K., under Capt. Francisco Rice. He received 1 pension
          check sometime after 1900 and was cut off because he owned too much
          property. I've searched for years for a copy of HIS pension application and
          have been unsuccessful. I was told they should be stored in the probate
          records somewhere in Jackson County. If you can give me some idea on how to
          go about finding these records, I would be most grateful. Wesley was married
          3 times, (1) Ann Vaught (2) Elizabeth Golden(3) Demarius Vann. He was born
          1831 in New Market and his parents moved shortly afterward to Jackson County
          and he spent the rest of his life there except about 1 year before he died
          in 1918 moved back to or around New Market. He is buried at Mt. Nebo
          Cemetery near Hollytree. His parents were Greenberry and Betsy (Dameron)
          Hambrick who settled on Dry Creek and in Hambrick's Sinks on Dry Creek Road.
          Thanks in advance for anything you might be able to help me with
          Jewel (Hambrick) Casey
          > You'll find that there are several Jackson County Wilson families.
          Another
          > Jax Co. Wilson researcher is David Bates dlbates@...
          >
          > A great Wilson site is the Wilson Network at:
          > http://members.tripod.com/~Wilson_Network/index.htm
          >

          > The address for the Heritage Center is:
          >
          > Scottsboro - Jackson Heritage Center
          > PO Box 53
          > 208 South Houston Street
          > Scottsboro, AL 35768
          >
          > Is there some specific information that you're looking for? I'll be doing
          > some research this week, & maybe I can help you out. I don't charge for
          > lookups, unless it something that involves some deep research. All I ask
          is
          > for reimbursement of the cost of copies.
          >
          > Tracy

        • Tracy Lynn Wilson
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
            Jewel,

            The courthouse & library have copies of some of the pension apps. I'll see
            what I can find out for you this week.

          • topcatpat@xxxxx.xxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
              unsubscribe
            • Jim & Liz Boyd
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 24, 1999
                Looking for the burial place of Elizabeth Pepper Boyd died 1861, John Boyd died 1865.Pat can you help me?
                Jim Boyd
                  You can call them at 256 259 2122 they are located at 208 S. Houston
                  Street, Scottsboro, Alabama 35768

                  Richard