Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Jackson Morgan family

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
      Ron

      Don't know if you have seen a copy of the orginial image of the 1880 census so will email you a copy. Apparently Ruth Smith's husband is listed at the start of the household then marked through for some reason here's the way I read it:

      House 129 Smith, Vincent? white male age 23or25or26??? ????? machinest runs family ???????? born AL Father born SC Mother born SC
      Morgan, John then the rest as listed on the LDS site.

      I have not found Nettie and Manome on the 1900 in Jackson Co. so apparently they moved after they married.
      I have the 1860 and 1870 census images for John J. Morgan in Dade Co. GA if you want those.

    • Ron Akins
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
        Thank you Clay, I should have been more specific. On the 1870 census of
        Dade county GA. Ruth Morgan is listed with her fathers family as single. On
        the 1880 census of Jackson county ,AL she is again listed with fathers
        family as Ruth Smith with 3 children. Who is the father of the children? Ron

        Smith,

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/