Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Jackson Morgan family

  • Ron Akins
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
      My grandfather is Homer Columbus Smith. Sometime between 1880 and 1900 he
      and his family and his aunt and uncle William Marion and Nancy Morgan moved
      to Salado,AR. They lived there the rest of their lives. Why the 1880 census
      taker only listed his middle name I do not know. I do not have his father's
      name. Also I have very little information about his sisters.I do have the
      Morgan information and his family. Any information you could share with me
      would be greatly apprecated.Ron

      Smith,

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
        No, my Jackson Co. Smiths lived next door to my gg grandfather, Elijah
        Brazier - they have something to do with the Graves, I know it was marriage that
        brought Ailsey there, but is she my gg grandmothers, Elizabeth "Miss Bettie"
        Stephen's sister? Looking at every brick wall - this is one of the bigger ones.
        Thanks for your help and encouragement - remember, back up back up BACK UP

        cuz Jimmie

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
          Ron

          Don't know if you have seen a copy of the orginial image of the 1880 census so will email you a copy. Apparently Ruth Smith's husband is listed at the start of the household then marked through for some reason here's the way I read it:

          House 129 Smith, Vincent? white male age 23or25or26??? ????? machinest runs family ???????? born AL Father born SC Mother born SC
          Morgan, John then the rest as listed on the LDS site.

          I have not found Nettie and Manome on the 1900 in Jackson Co. so apparently they moved after they married.
          I have the 1860 and 1870 census images for John J. Morgan in Dade Co. GA if you want those.

        • Ron Akins
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
            Thank you Clay, I should have been more specific. On the 1870 census of
            Dade county GA. Ruth Morgan is listed with her fathers family as single. On
            the 1880 census of Jackson county ,AL she is again listed with fathers
            family as Ruth Smith with 3 children. Who is the father of the children? Ron