Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Jackson Morgan family

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
      Jimmie

      Nettie and Mannie (Manone) Smith were the daughters of Ruth Morgan Smith, granddaughters of John Jackson Morgan.

      Do you have a Homer Colombus Smith (Ruth's son) in your files?

      Sorry about the virus, hope you get your files re-built. Gina should have all the Colbert files or I can look them up again.

    • Ron Akins
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
        Yes I do he is my grandfather. Ron Akins

      • Ron Akins
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
          My grandfather is Homer Columbus Smith. Sometime between 1880 and 1900 he
          and his family and his aunt and uncle William Marion and Nancy Morgan moved
          to Salado,AR. They lived there the rest of their lives. Why the 1880 census
          taker only listed his middle name I do not know. I do not have his father's
          name. Also I have very little information about his sisters.I do have the
          Morgan information and his family. Any information you could share with me
          would be greatly apprecated.Ron

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • altafae@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
            No, my Jackson Co. Smiths lived next door to my gg grandfather, Elijah
            Brazier - they have something to do with the Graves, I know it was marriage that
            brought Ailsey there, but is she my gg grandmothers, Elizabeth "Miss Bettie"
            Stephen's sister? Looking at every brick wall - this is one of the bigger ones.
            Thanks for your help and encouragement - remember, back up back up BACK UP

            cuz Jimmie

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
              Ron

              Don't know if you have seen a copy of the orginial image of the 1880 census so will email you a copy. Apparently Ruth Smith's husband is listed at the start of the household then marked through for some reason here's the way I read it:

              House 129 Smith, Vincent? white male age 23or25or26??? ????? machinest runs family ???????? born AL Father born SC Mother born SC
              Morgan, John then the rest as listed on the LDS site.

              I have not found Nettie and Manome on the 1900 in Jackson Co. so apparently they moved after they married.
              I have the 1860 and 1870 census images for John J. Morgan in Dade Co. GA if you want those.

            • Ron Akins
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
                Thank you Clay, I should have been more specific. On the 1870 census of
                Dade county GA. Ruth Morgan is listed with her fathers family as single. On
                the 1880 census of Jackson county ,AL she is again listed with fathers
                family as Ruth Smith with 3 children. Who is the father of the children? Ron