Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Jackson Morgan family

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
      In a message dated 11/5/2003 8:41:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      blackcloud27030@... writes:

      > Nettie Smith

      Clay:

      Are these Smith women daughters of Ailsey Smith of Jackson County? Sorry I
      got the XP virus and have been having a time rebuilding my databases. Have to
      redo all the info you and I got on the Colbert's - but should be up and
      running soon. I have a photo of Ailsey Smith if anyone would be interested in
      seeing her.

      cuz Jimmie

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
        Jimmie

        Nettie and Mannie (Manone) Smith were the daughters of Ruth Morgan Smith, granddaughters of John Jackson Morgan.

        Do you have a Homer Colombus Smith (Ruth's son) in your files?

        Sorry about the virus, hope you get your files re-built. Gina should have all the Colbert files or I can look them up again.

      • Ron Akins
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
          Yes I do he is my grandfather. Ron Akins

        • Ron Akins
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
            My grandfather is Homer Columbus Smith. Sometime between 1880 and 1900 he
            and his family and his aunt and uncle William Marion and Nancy Morgan moved
            to Salado,AR. They lived there the rest of their lives. Why the 1880 census
            taker only listed his middle name I do not know. I do not have his father's
            name. Also I have very little information about his sisters.I do have the
            Morgan information and his family. Any information you could share with me
            would be greatly apprecated.Ron

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • altafae@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
              No, my Jackson Co. Smiths lived next door to my gg grandfather, Elijah
              Brazier - they have something to do with the Graves, I know it was marriage that
              brought Ailsey there, but is she my gg grandmothers, Elizabeth "Miss Bettie"
              Stephen's sister? Looking at every brick wall - this is one of the bigger ones.
              Thanks for your help and encouragement - remember, back up back up BACK UP

              cuz Jimmie

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
                Ron

                Don't know if you have seen a copy of the orginial image of the 1880 census so will email you a copy. Apparently Ruth Smith's husband is listed at the start of the household then marked through for some reason here's the way I read it:

                House 129 Smith, Vincent? white male age 23or25or26??? ????? machinest runs family ???????? born AL Father born SC Mother born SC
                Morgan, John then the rest as listed on the LDS site.

                I have not found Nettie and Manome on the 1900 in Jackson Co. so apparently they moved after they married.
                I have the 1860 and 1870 census images for John J. Morgan in Dade Co. GA if you want those.

              • Ron Akins
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
                  Thank you Clay, I should have been more specific. On the 1870 census of
                  Dade county GA. Ruth Morgan is listed with her fathers family as single. On
                  the 1880 census of Jackson county ,AL she is again listed with fathers
                  family as Ruth Smith with 3 children. Who is the father of the children? Ron