Re: [jacksongenealogy] Alabama Death Index

  • Sam McDowell
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
      Chuck,
      Found this in Ancestry.com. Its cheaper here than any
      other place I have seen. Thanks for your help Clay.
      I don't know what we would do without you!!

      Item #2335
      Our Price: $26.95
      Retail Price:$29.95

      To order by phone call
      1-800-ANCESTRY
      (262-3787)
      Explore the recent past with records of your proud
      Alabama ancestors in this collection of deaths from
      1908-1959-- including all Alabama counties!

      This index of persons who died in the state of Alabama
      between 1908 and 1959 was compiled by the Alabama
      State Health Department. The 1,363,539 records include
      name, gender, death date and county, and marital
      status. The entries are conveniently indexed and
      searchable through AncestryView technology.

      Contents and Features:

      - 1,363,539 records
      - All Alabama counties represented
      - Easily searched with AncestryView

      System Requirements:

      - 486/33 processor (Pentium style recommended)
      - Windows 95 or better, 16MB RAM, 15MB hard disk space
      - 2X CD-ROM
      - 800x600 monitor resolution, 16-bit color or higher.

      Alabama - State Fact Sheet
      Our Price: $2.95
      Alabama Vital Records: Marriages 1808-1920 (Win)
      Our Price: $26.95
      Retail: $29.95

      --- zrcb@... wrote:
      > Please if anybody knows about whether there is a
      > book or CD or anything that
      > covers the death index in Jackson Co Alabama let me
      > know.
      > Thank You Chuck Boyd Zrcb@...

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • marywinn
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
        Sharon,

        I was able to get my ggf's obit from the Alabama Archives. This was from
        1911. Try going to
        www.archives.state.al.us

        If you can't get help there, write to
        State of Alabama
        Dept of Archives and History
        PO Box 300100
        Montgomery Alabama 36130-0100
        They sent me obits from 2 different newspapers; cost was $20.

        Regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson