Guesses of Jackson Co.,AL

  • rweeks@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 1999
      My name is Rex Weeks.My wifes great grandmother was Nancy Guess.She married Andrew Jackson Crabtree in 1892.Her father's name was John Guess and his father was Jonathan Guess of Fort Pain.In Mrs.Woodall's book on Stevenson one of the family listings says that Sequoyah left two sons there by the name Guess. The boook also says that Jonathan's father was Samuel Gass but so far this has not worked out.Does anyone have any information on this or this family? Thanks: rex
    • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 1999
        In a message dated 10/13/99 7:44:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        rweeks@... writes:

        << jacksongenealogy@onelist.com >>
        Sorry I don't have any info on your names, but am glad to see there is still
        someone researching out there in Jackson county.

        Does anyone out there have any info on Hammin Morris, b. abt 1789-90 in NC?
        I found him in the 1850 census. says he married Kizziah (?) I'm looking for
        the father of Calvin Morris b. abt 1831. Hammin had a Calverin (Calvin?) in
        his household that would fit the age profile. Would appreciate any help.

        Thanks,
        Mary Winn Anderson
        marywinn@...