Ceerokee list

  • lydia flack
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2003
      Are there any list of cherokee marriages ,
      where they were given land to marry .
      Or list for the trail of tears.
      My great grand father Doc Holt as rumor
      goes he was a chief , doctor and pretcher
      he came from Arkansas to Jackson county
      in early 1900s then went back to ark.
      The other side of my family ,there are simular
      cherokee marriages. I have just started family
      history and it would be great to find more
      info.........lou

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2003
        Lydia

        Try typing into your search window any of the following

        Cherokee Indians
        Trail of Tears
        Cherokee Nation
        Native Americans
        Native Americans followed by state you want to search