RE: [jacksongenealogy] "Jack" Davis & Charlie Proctor

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
      Go to this web site and post and see if you get any help there.

      http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/48472

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
        Sue

        I took a look at the 1910 OK Census with the ages given on that census 26 and 19, Ada was born between 1 Jun 1883 and 31 May 1884 and Dora was born between 1 Jun 1890 and 31 May 1891 if the ages given were correct. You need to find them on the 1900 census either in AL or OK. In order to that you would have to look at each Jones family in Jackson Co AL and LeFlore Co. OK, since there are no searchable indexes for each county you would have to go thru the entire census for each county.

        Another option is if your Grandmother Ada Savage was issued a Social Security Card her place of birth and the names of her parents will appear on the application for the card. When and where did she die? If after 1962 she may be on the SS Death Index.

        Clay Gullatt Mount Airy NC

      • morrisonmx@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003
          Thanks there Regina, U R very helpful. maybe in your spare time U might
          help me search. I am not very good at this but will continue searching.
          Your town?? Thanks again from Paducah, KY chas morrison