"Jack" Davis & Charlie Proctor

  • morrisonmx@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
      Can or will someone do a obit lookup on John William Davis (May 1997)
      and Charles Edward Proctor (July?? 1984) Both are buried in Scottsboro.
      Need relatives of both. Very important in locating my father. Need to
      know if Mr. Davis was ever know as "Jack" thanks charles morrison in
      paducah, KY.
    • Regina
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
        Go to this web site and post and see if you get any help there.

        http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/48472

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
          Sue

          I took a look at the 1910 OK Census with the ages given on that census 26 and 19, Ada was born between 1 Jun 1883 and 31 May 1884 and Dora was born between 1 Jun 1890 and 31 May 1891 if the ages given were correct. You need to find them on the 1900 census either in AL or OK. In order to that you would have to look at each Jones family in Jackson Co AL and LeFlore Co. OK, since there are no searchable indexes for each county you would have to go thru the entire census for each county.

          Another option is if your Grandmother Ada Savage was issued a Social Security Card her place of birth and the names of her parents will appear on the application for the card. When and where did she die? If after 1962 she may be on the SS Death Index.

          Clay Gullatt Mount Airy NC

        • morrisonmx@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003
            Thanks there Regina, U R very helpful. maybe in your spare time U might
            help me search. I am not very good at this but will continue searching.
            Your town?? Thanks again from Paducah, KY chas morrison