RE: [jacksongenealogy] (FANNING)

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      Yes, I still have a few copies of both volumes of "And Then Along Came The
      Fannings" Will be glad to answer any questions if you will email me
      privately. These books cover a lot of the related families located in
      Jackson and Madison County Alabama as well as Franklin, Lincoln and Moore
      County Tennessee as early as 1820, with a little info on Virginia and North
      Caroline before reaching this area.

      Thanks a million
      Jewel

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2003
        Jewel ,
        I am interested in the Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 TN. and wife Mary
        Brinson born 1774 KY. They lived in Jackson CO., AL . actually Crow Creek Valley
        , Jackson CO., AL .I only know he expired there about 1850 , but when and where
        he is buried don't know . Same with Mary , I know there son Zebedee Taylor born
        1805 KY. lived in Crow Creek Valley, Franklin CO., TN. about 4 miles from his
        parents . Zebedee wife was Mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC. I am also looking for
        her parents George Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784
        SC . I know one of there son's named Isaac Grooms lived in Madison or Huntsville
        , Alabama and raised his family. Any information on these people would be
        greatly appreciated . Thank You Kindly .
        Shirley
        P.S. you can email me at cartersa@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2003
          Jewel ,
          I m looking for my 3rd great-grandfather and his parents his name was Samuel
          McDaniel Taylor born 1770 IT (TN) his wife was Mary Brinson born 1774 KY. they
          lived in Crow Creek Valley , Jackson CO., AL . Also my 3rd great-grandparents on
          my 2nd great-grandmother mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC . Her parents were George
          Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and wife Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784 SC. They were
          full-blooded Cherokee Indian , they had a son that lived in Madison CO., AL by
          the name of Isaac Grooms , and then there were James Grooms marrid to a Rosanna
          Morgan , William Grooms , David Grooms , Millie went to Madison from Bedford TN.
          after George's death , she expired there in 1870 . Would appreciate any and all
          information on both Taylor's and Grooms . George expired in or about 1850 , TN.
          You can e-mail me at cartersa@... Thank You kindly
          Shirley Carter nee Taylor