Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fannings

  • Jack Fanning
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1 7:22 AM
      Frances, I'm sad to say I don't have much idea about my ancestors, but I'm hoping to learn more. So I'm sorry that I can't help you with any info.

      Jack

      frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
      Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
      I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
      Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1 8:08 AM
        Yes, I still have a few copies of both volumes of "And Then Along Came The
        Fannings" Will be glad to answer any questions if you will email me
        privately. These books cover a lot of the related families located in
        Jackson and Madison County Alabama as well as Franklin, Lincoln and Moore
        County Tennessee as early as 1820, with a little info on Virginia and North
        Caroline before reaching this area.

        Thanks a million
        Jewel

        Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
        I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
        Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
        > Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and
        has sent me a brochure.

        > My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks
        Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

        > I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)
        >
        > Jack
        >
        > frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
        > Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
        > post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
        > of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
        > m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
        > Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married
        Thomas
        > Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
        > and William Grantlin Green.

      • Shirley Carter
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4 11:25 AM
          Jewel ,
          I am interested in the Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 TN. and wife Mary
          Brinson born 1774 KY. They lived in Jackson CO., AL . actually Crow Creek Valley
          , Jackson CO., AL .I only know he expired there about 1850 , but when and where
          he is buried don't know . Same with Mary , I know there son Zebedee Taylor born
          1805 KY. lived in Crow Creek Valley, Franklin CO., TN. about 4 miles from his
          parents . Zebedee wife was Mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC. I am also looking for
          her parents George Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784
          SC . I know one of there son's named Isaac Grooms lived in Madison or Huntsville
          , Alabama and raised his family. Any information on these people would be
          greatly appreciated . Thank You Kindly .
          Shirley
          P.S. you can email me at cartersa@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8 8:41 PM
            Jewel ,
            I m looking for my 3rd great-grandfather and his parents his name was Samuel
            McDaniel Taylor born 1770 IT (TN) his wife was Mary Brinson born 1774 KY. they
            lived in Crow Creek Valley , Jackson CO., AL . Also my 3rd great-grandparents on
            my 2nd great-grandmother mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC . Her parents were George
            Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and wife Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784 SC. They were
            full-blooded Cherokee Indian , they had a son that lived in Madison CO., AL by
            the name of Isaac Grooms , and then there were James Grooms marrid to a Rosanna
            Morgan , William Grooms , David Grooms , Millie went to Madison from Bedford TN.
            after George's death , she expired there in 1870 . Would appreciate any and all
            information on both Taylor's and Grooms . George expired in or about 1850 , TN.
            You can e-mail me at cartersa@... Thank You kindly
            Shirley Carter nee Taylor