Re: [jacksongenealogy] (unknown)

  • Jack Fanning
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and has sent me a brochure.

      My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

      I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)

      Jack

      frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
      Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
      post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
      of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
      m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
      Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married Thomas
      Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
      and William Grantlin Green.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        Frances, I'm sad to say I don't have much idea about my ancestors, but I'm hoping to learn more. So I'm sorry that I can't help you with any info.

        Jack

        frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
        Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
        I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
        Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • frances sadler
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
          I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
          Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
          > Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and
          has sent me a brochure.

          > My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks
          Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

          > I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)
          >
          > Jack
          >
          > frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
          > Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
          > post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
          > of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
          > m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
          > Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married
          Thomas
          > Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
          > and William Grantlin Green.

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            Yes, I still have a few copies of both volumes of "And Then Along Came The
            Fannings" Will be glad to answer any questions if you will email me
            privately. These books cover a lot of the related families located in
            Jackson and Madison County Alabama as well as Franklin, Lincoln and Moore
            County Tennessee as early as 1820, with a little info on Virginia and North
            Caroline before reaching this area.

            Thanks a million
            Jewel

            Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
            I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
            Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
            > Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and
            has sent me a brochure.

            > My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks
            Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

            > I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)
            >
            > Jack
            >
            > frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
            > Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
            > post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
            > of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
            > m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
            > Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married
            Thomas
            > Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
            > and William Grantlin Green.

          • Shirley Carter
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2003
              Jewel ,
              I am interested in the Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 TN. and wife Mary
              Brinson born 1774 KY. They lived in Jackson CO., AL . actually Crow Creek Valley
              , Jackson CO., AL .I only know he expired there about 1850 , but when and where
              he is buried don't know . Same with Mary , I know there son Zebedee Taylor born
              1805 KY. lived in Crow Creek Valley, Franklin CO., TN. about 4 miles from his
              parents . Zebedee wife was Mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC. I am also looking for
              her parents George Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784
              SC . I know one of there son's named Isaac Grooms lived in Madison or Huntsville
              , Alabama and raised his family. Any information on these people would be
              greatly appreciated . Thank You Kindly .
              Shirley
              P.S. you can email me at cartersa@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2003
                Jewel ,
                I m looking for my 3rd great-grandfather and his parents his name was Samuel
                McDaniel Taylor born 1770 IT (TN) his wife was Mary Brinson born 1774 KY. they
                lived in Crow Creek Valley , Jackson CO., AL . Also my 3rd great-grandparents on
                my 2nd great-grandmother mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC . Her parents were George
                Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and wife Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784 SC. They were
                full-blooded Cherokee Indian , they had a son that lived in Madison CO., AL by
                the name of Isaac Grooms , and then there were James Grooms marrid to a Rosanna
                Morgan , William Grooms , David Grooms , Millie went to Madison from Bedford TN.
                after George's death , she expired there in 1870 . Would appreciate any and all
                information on both Taylor's and Grooms . George expired in or about 1850 , TN.
                You can e-mail me at cartersa@... Thank You kindly
                Shirley Carter nee Taylor