Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re:Search for ADA BELL JONES & DORA D. JONES 1880's

  • rhall84922@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      Kathy, I'm sure if you had any more info you would have exchanged it. Were
      there Savage familys living in Jackson Co. in the 1800 ? Thanks, Sue

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        Ever wondered what that obscure disease someone died from? i.e scrofula. What did a Wainwright, a Brazier or a Chandler do, ? Just what was a yeoman? What are all those abbreviations on the census? Why did whole families seemly died off between census? An epidemic, maybe? Go to this link and maybe find an answer.

        http://www.geisheimer.org/info/gene/misscrutg.htm

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          the right one, hopefully.

          http://www.geisheimer.org/info/gene/miscrutg.htm

        • Richard Matthews
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 21, 2003
            Of interest:

            NAME: Gibbs, James E.

            RESIDENCE: Scottsborough

            COUNTY: Jackson

            INVENTION: churn-dasher

            DATE: 9/23/1879

            PATENT NUMBER: 219,934

            ASSIGNEE: assignor of one-half interest to Charles S. Freeman and Robert H.
            Bynum (Scottsborough, AL)